• Just what it needed

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • who cares

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
looks good for sure, I like it. Perphaps consider adding some subtle red accents to your tank. Right now the red on the wheels draws your eyes straight down. just my opinion though.

You used rim tape right? any tips for how to get it on nice and smooth. I put reflective tape on my rims that came in one roll. I didn't have stands to put the bike on and the result ... well it looks good from a few feet away or further but up close looks like shit.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I actually like it. Normally I don't like it at all. But it sort of adds something on your bike. I say keep it...it matches your rear spring.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good for sure, I like it. Perphaps consider adding some subtle red accents to your tank. Right now the red on the wheels draws your eyes straight down. just my opinion though.

You used rim tape right? any tips for how to get it on nice and smooth. I put reflective tape on my rims that came in one roll. I didn't have stands to put the bike on and the result ... well it looks good from a few feet away or further but up close looks like shit.
I was planning on adding a little red dash somewhere else but still not sure about the red stripe on the rims. These came as a wheel kit and they are pre curved pieces, went right on!

·
Registered
854 Posts
yeah I think I need to get the precurved ones.

Your bike is sick no matter what. With it being all blacked out, anywhere you add color, especially a bright color like red, thats where everybody's eyes will go. So from that perspective I would put red where you want people to look first. Give it a visual heirarchy.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I think I need to get the precurved ones.

Your bike is sick no matter what. With it being all blacked out, anywhere you add color, especially a bright color like red, thats where everybody's eyes will go. So from that perspective I would put red where you want people to look first. Give it a visual heirarchy.
When it ever gets painted (Black) i'm thinking of doing a thin ass red outlined Suzuki on the tank in the normal spot and on the tail the same sort of text that says TLSF.

Heres the link to the Stripes. I offered a lower price and got them for $13.99 plus a $1.50 to ship

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Refl...ryZ35593QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
That is where I got mine from....good people to deal with.

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep sure are, made it to me in 3 days!:knucks:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I need to order another set....cause in my haste to get that bike done over the winter....I did not clean off the old adhesive from the previous red rims stripes well enough...and now its dirty...I will have to redo it all and find an adhesive remover that will get off the goo, but not hurt the paint....goo gone, kerosene and nail polish remover...did all not work well enough. :(

·
Registered
854 Posts
I need to order another set....cause in my haste to get that bike done over the winter....I did not clean off the old adhesive from the previous red rims stripes well enough...and now its dirty...I will have to redo it all and find an adhesive remover that will get off the goo, but not hurt the paint....goo gone, kerosene and nail polish remover...did all not work well enough. :(
what about a healthy dosage of heat before using something like goo gone? Maybe get the adhesive nice and warm with a hairdryer, should come off more easliy then, right?

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
what about a healthy dosage of heat before using something like goo gone? Maybe get the adhesive nice and warm with a hairdryer, should come off more easliy then, right?
Yeah, maybe......I just remember it was one of the last things I needed to do.....to get the bike done by some certain date...and rushed through it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks good and ties it in with your rear shock spring too. Don't add too much more red. Maybe just some bolts or something like that.

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
i like the concept sully but think maybe a darker red and a thinner stripe. just my 02 and we all know that holds no value :D

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i like the concept sully but think maybe a darker red and a thinner stripe. just my 02 and we all know that holds no value :D
I'm with ya i thought about the darker red when i order'd this normal red. The sticker is reflective and that causes it to look wider and brighter then it really is, it's only 1/4in. wide or 6mm for the rest of the world.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts