Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, names taylor. I currently own 2 Kawasaki GPZ's. an 81 1100 EFI and an 84 750 non turbo...both in beautiful shape. the street fighter bug has really bit me, and i want to do a mild change on 1, or nothing to bad so i can't change it back to stock.., but which one??? actually, it almost kills me cause both are in such good shape i feel bad for monkeying with them...ugggh, maybe i will just cave an buy a dumped bike and leave these alone.

my 84 with 40,000 km's

my 81 EFi with 24,000 km's.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
wow. those really are super clean!

id say if you only want to do minor mods, and are hesistant about messing with those bikes... you need to get urself another bike to chop up.

if you got the bug its only a matter of time before you act on it, so you'd better get another bike before you jeapordize those two beauties.

oh and:

Welcome to the SITE!!

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Welcome bud. Very clean classics. Probablly some of the cleanest I've seen. If it were me, I'd turn the 750 as the EFI is probablly the rarer of the 2. Plus, I always liked the way the 750's looked all tricked out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, the 1100 will be payed off quickly anyways...just cave i guess and buy something a bit more ratched. i really do love these bikes in the shape they are in, all i really want for the 750 is the stock bellypan that came on them

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Gotta love the old Yoshi pipes.

And I remember why old bikes make such good fighters, hah hah.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i plan to keep them unmolested. As of today though, the 1100 got a straight pipe from header back. Yosh pipe is sitting safely in my shed. If it leans out, i have an adjustable fuel pressure regualtor for it. But so far it seems alright.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
yeah Id leave them alone, though, a not too ridiculous, suspension swap, and wheels swap, to obtain better tire choice,
I dont think would detract from the over all looks of these machines, the lawson style 1100 would look awesome,
bikes are for riding, and I say do the mods but keep the bikes paint and plastics standard.
dont bolt on a crappy after market fairing on those butes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts