Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else read the new cycle world?? Saw what i thought was another Duc SF demo ride and boring review, but it turned out a pretty substantial build. Retro Sbk has built a few very cool bikes in the past year or two, but check out this duc.

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=1801

Will Kenefleck of RetroSBK was the builder who really wanted to fighter out this Streetfighter. He started by replacing the vertical members of the trellis frame with a larger diameter, thicker walled tubing....he then internally braced the SSSA....sent the motor out while doing that to Scott Jenkins of Desmoto Sport where they lightened the tranny by 7 lbs! (lightened crankshaft, tit. connecting rods, custom pistons, ported cyl)..custom mapping etc etc etc.

pretty sick build....i'd call it a fighter :D

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
That looks like a nasty mofo. I like it!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe i misread it

cycleworld said:
Scott cherried out the tranny and removed 7 pounds of moving mass by use of a lightened crankshaft, titanium connecting rods and his own piston design. Cylinder heads received a careful port and matching and valve train blueprinting. etc etc.
lots of miscellaneous hardware, bits and brackets removed as well. this guy def has the right idea.

http://www.retrosbk.com/

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
maybe i misread it

lots of miscellaneous hardware, bits and brackets removed as well. this guy def has the right idea.

http://www.retrosbk.com/
Keep in mind a lot of Japanese bikes are already trimmed to the bleeding edge but most Duc engines are built like tanks.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
whenever you see these bikes its just carbon accessorized to the point of ocd. you could probably take a laxative and save the same amount in the corners. that whole shedding 7 pounds internally thing is insane though.

reminds me of bmw "farkles" for the sport touring crowd though :(

Reactions: CK 187

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
whenever you see these bikes its just carbon accessorized to the point of ocd. you could probably take a laxative and save the same amount in the corners. that whole shedding 7 pounds internally thing is insane though.

reminds me of bmw "farkles" for the sport touring crowd though :(

Since rotational mass is a multiplier, not an adder in the calcs, and the rotational inertia in all of those parts combined contribute to the gyroscopic forces that tend to cause a bike to not corner, they mean a HUGE amount. Then again, how many times to do you see a guy buy a superlight wheel, then use the heaviest tire he can get on it, completely negating the net effect of a lighter wheel, and spending $3000 to do it. It's how you use it, not how much is lost.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whenever you see these bikes its just carbon accessorized to the point of ocd.
thats why i posted this one, because its nothing like most modded ducs you see.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
thats why i posted this one, because its nothing like most modded ducs you see.
the re-braced frame is what impresses me the most. Looks like it came from the factory

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah seriously. he re-braced it. then fully polished it. then sent it to p.coating.

same with the swingarm. . . id really like to see the internal bracing work tho. no pics of that.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,052 Posts
yah seriously. he re-braced it. then fully polished it. then sent it to p.coating.

same with the swingarm. . . id really like to see the internal bracing work tho. no pics of that.
i polish 90% of my stuff prior to PC'ing it. It helps to take off any imperfections, as well as casting agents used at foundries.

·
L'all'oscuro rimarrà senz
2 Posts
Holy shit... I think I found my home lol... You guys actually GET all the work goin in...

BTW, its a legit 7lbs, crank and flywheel.. A bit more than you would get off a 1098 unit, as they added a bit to tone it down. Its really pretty stupid to ride, love it.

Thanks for the props guys.. more bikes coming in 2010, and Ill try to dig around here when I can, love what I've seen so far!

Will

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Holy shit... I think I found my home lol... You guys actually GET all the work goin in...

BTW, its a legit 7lbs, crank and flywheel.. A bit more than you would get off a 1098 unit, as they added a bit to tone it down. Its really pretty stupid to ride, love it.

Thanks for the props guys.. more bikes coming in 2010, and Ill try to dig around here when I can, love what I've seen so far!

Will
We not only get it, we sit around and debate it. LOL. Welcome in and that is one seriously cool piece of machinery.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts

Will
Please post more pics, i wanna see so many pics i can see the pours on the pain job!!

no but for real please post more high res pics, your bike is stunning.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Will
Its quite the bike! We discussed the retro GSXR you built last year as well! Great stuff!

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,052 Posts

Will
Great to have you. Welcome in

1 - 20 of 26 Posts