Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Chemical X
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway, that i can wire a RFID unit that will not start the bike if the key isn't in the ignition?

Just had my bike stolen by gypsies who dug the anchor out the floor.

I dont trust the RFID on it's own but coupled with needing the key and a fob makes me alittle more secure.

· |||||||||||||||||||||||||
31,099 Posts
If somebody has your bike, and they aren't dumb, it just takes a little time to start. Follow the wires to the ignition switch or RFID device and replace with their own.

Digging the anchor out to steal a bike is fucking dedication. Was it set in concrete?

· Chemical X
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes set in concrete with concrete "paths" leading under flags and a tarmac driveway.

Caught them on CCTV, but cant see the license plate. Saw the same van at a car park where gypsies have moved in. Police wont even try to recover the bike (No real evidence) so im going to have to lay down the law!

Didn't expect it to be so easy as to just wire them in series. Will get onto buying all the gear for it.

So it's either rush the hell out of my project bike or buy another bike with the money for my project :p Cant afford transport to my work, so need a bike asap :(

The bike stolen was only a rusty old GS500. But it's having the money to replace the bike. Doubt insurers will pay out as it's down as in a garage and my garage is being rebuilt due to the foundations failing.

Moved all my anchors and stuff but will probably get told my insurance is void.

895 Posts
Doubt insurers will pay out as it's down as in a garage and my garage is being rebuilt due to the foundations failing.

Moved all my anchors and stuff but will probably get told my insurance is void.
I shouldn't think so - if that were the case then they would argue if your bike was stolen when it was parked somewhere else the insurance would also be void. In other words, there would be no point in having insurance.

The fact that you had the bike locked up and it was stolen with damage to your security devices (the police can back that up) should be enough proof.

Sorry to hear about your loss - those fucking germ thieves sound hardcore...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.