Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dad had a Rickman rolling chassis in pieces all around his shed. He told me if i wanted it, i could have it. so i jumped on it and went out and got the engine and all the other bits and pieces. Its nearly all there apart from a few small things.

I know that technically this isnt a fighter or a custom, but i can imagine some of you will be interested in seeing it.

Plans from here
- get all the left over pieces (tail lights, bolts. nothing important)
- get the frame repaired and re plated (the right way, i wont be doing this half assed)
- wheels respoked and polished up
- a few other things...

what are your opinions on rickmans? hope you guys enjoy the thread

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
this bike is sex on wheels

Reactions: -Rik-

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
Thats a hell of a start to an awesome bike.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
This would make an amazing period correct repliracer. It would be awesome!

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill post some photos to show what i'v been doing. everything still looks dirty and is still in pieces, but this bike is going to be trick, so every single parts deserves equal attention.

so yer, we've got everything apart and ready for plating/polishing and cleaning. The frame is off getting repaired, then itll be re-plated (im not looking forward to that bill).

The corner of the chain guard has been polished, the photo shows how nice it will come out compared to the rest of it.

Pretty much all of these pieces will be re-plated with nickel. (swing arm, engine mounts and fairing brackets)

The engine didnt come with engine ports for some reason? luckily dad had hundreds in his shed, but none of them fit perfectly. probably earlier model cb750's.

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A few spare parts, 2 starter motors, a kicker, brakes and oil filter. The starter motor had been half buried in dirt for years when we got it out. stuck it on a battery and it whirred up. pretty amazing how much this stuff can take.

All the nuts and bolts are being replaced with stainless steal. We ground and polished the heads of every single one. like i said before, its going to look good when we are done.

The taco will obviously need a lot of cleaning... or replacing. still after a speedo :(

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took the front end and the wheels apart. The front end of Rickmans is actually built by Ceriani. So they arent nickel... thank god. but still need to be re-chromed. Suspension works great considering how long its been in the weather. Wheels will be re-spoked and polished up nicely.

this will need replacing

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure if these rubbers were originally used. But being hidden and also the fact that they work well. we will be replacing them with similar padding.

found the shield. It isn't clean in this photo, but it cleaned up really well.

The plan from here:

The frame will take a few weeks to be finished. But will be looking brilliant when its done. So while its away, we're getting the front end and wheels all done, so that we can put together the rolling chassis when its back.

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is awesome. Alot of work ahead of you, but can wait to see the outcome!
Thanks man :) i had no idea how much work i was getting myself into when i started. but definitely no regrets. This bike is fueling my love of motorcycles like crazy.

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got the seat back today. it looks a lot better in person than it does in these photos. it just needed a few tears repaired and a good cleaning. so its still original. which is great.

not rickman related, but i rattle-caned my little suzi

...and the creepy deer that lives in the shed

·
Asphalt cowboy.
549 Posts
Sweet stuff here! That creepy deer looks like he's goin' to rip your soul out if ya don't do this one right....

1 - 20 of 123 Posts