Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Updates! Was a little busy with everything but work has been done.

The rusty disks dont fit in with all the shiny crap, but they'll fix themselves when they get used.
Rolling!
And just incase somebody notices, the shocks were mounted on the wrong tabs... I rushed it. But are fixed now.

The engine is going in this afternoon, then im going to go celebrate at the pub! :D:D

·
628 Posts
That nickel plating looks ridiculous... Its gonna look sick when shes all together. When do you plan to have her done? Im aiming for October for mine, but that seems to be sneaking up on me pretty damn fast...

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
That nickel plating looks ridiculous... Its gonna look sick when shes all together. When do you plan to have her done? Im aiming for October for mine, but that seems to be sneaking up on me pretty damn fast...
I had planned to have it done early this year. But you know how it goes, stuff comes up. When I first had the frame done we left it with a guy who didnt touch it for 4 months. So I went and got it off him (he tried to make me pay for the work he didnt do). Im glad i got it back because the guy i used was brilliant.

Well, Id love to have it done before November but theres a million little things to get done so who knows. It should be done for next year so i can put it in a few shows, mainly the Brisbane Street and Custom Bike show in May.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just read through the whole thread. Sweet bike, I had never heard of them until I saw this, and great work on the restoration! :drinks:

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
I saw this at Rockerbox 2011 a couple days ago and immediately thought of this thread. I remember these bikes are rare so I took a few pics from different angles in case you ever find yourself wondering how things were done. Although I should say that I don't know if this is 100% original either.

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
major props for doing it right! how close to original are you trying to keep it? looks pretty close so far. were the engines painted though?
The picture racing geek put up is pretty much a bone stock Rickman. Its got stacks instead of the airbox but thats honda stuff. Mine has all the original Rickman parts, the only thing that was missing was the rear inner guard (which is hidden from sight anyway. But Airtech Streamlining fixed me up with a replica.

Stock Rickmans are usually that gross orange so im putting mine back Red. The engines arent usually painted but the black engine with polished covers will fit in with the nickel and the paint job i have in mind. So i guess the only thing unoriginal about it will be the paint.

·
Doctor
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
I have been lazy... and busy. But i have been doing a bit here and there. Picked up a chrome airbox, its being rechromed over the next week along with the sidestand and a few other parts.

And picked up some dragpipes. I know these pipes wont go down well with most race fanatics. But i love them. And i think i have mentioned before that im not a fan of the huge long pipes that everbody else has. Plus, they are 4-2 which is exactly what i was after.

Ill probably end up drilling these out a bit.

...and my new dog.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
wow nice work man. really coming along. i want that dog too lol

81 - 100 of 123 Posts