Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Breaking shit...
3,470 Posts
id love to see mothorho cruel handjob race this bike. and im not trying to be a douche.... if this bike is a 2.1 sec 0-60 bike then i wonder what a twincharged 500hp meth breather is capable of. I never got to see the whole build on that one, just a couple pics leftover from his purge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

No outlandish claim brother. maybe its a wednesday bike, who knows. Think hard about what I am about to say regarding my claims about this beasts quickness and I feel you will see why it makes sense. I did specifically say quickest 1/8 mile and rediculas but true 0-60.
1991 to 1993 Suzuki GSX1100G, What is it? Ok, so we know it's a standard bike heavy tube steel frame. We know its got a shaft drive. We know its got the 90's oil cooled 1127cc inline 4. It's big brother, the gsxr1100. Some will say its a heavy Katana in a naked frame. A de-tuned gixxer11 motor. Right? And no katana 1100 you know of can pump out the quickness i'm talking right? Hell even the gixxer11 can't do it, so I must be talking from my backside is what you are thinking. And almost rightfully so. Now, let me expand a bit further about the hidden beast that is the Gixx G 1100 and why mine is frightengly quick.
True, it shares the same "de-tuned" 1127cc oil cooled 4 carbed (Mikuni bst36 slingshot) with the katana. But what does de-tuned mean? It means they changed the cam. Suzuki gave it a mid range cam. Why? because it was to be a sport tourer, more specifically, a naked competitor to the Honda Goldwing. An empty canvas that you could dress up the way you wanted. Thats why the frame has mounting points all over it. Ok, back to the cam swap.. Drop a mid-range cam in a gixxer1100 and what is the effect? Less top speed, slightly more torque, slightly quicker engine, correct? Now for the one thing overlooked by almost everyone and the key to its beastness. Its this that makes the gsxg quicker than just about anything.. That shaft drive is mated with the transmission from the Suzuki Intruder.. 5 speed, short gears. So you take the sick ass gixxer1100, give it a mid range cam and a v twin cruiser trannmission and the end result is a monster 1/8th mile beast that wants to rip your arms out of your sockets!!
Mods that I made to the bike that assits its quickness? I chopped no less than 150 pounds of steel off the bike. and those slingshot carbs.. I'm a cheapass and wont put out the ducks for a stage 1 upgrade. Nope. I'll just take my trusty torch tip cleaning files and bore the main jet and emulsifier holes a smidge, file the needle a tad, fabricate an open 4 into 1 and wala..
If anybody is in the Sacramento california area hit me up and test ride it for yourself. I'll make a beliver out of you.
as for some of my other madness... here ya go.. the yellow with edlebrok air cleaner is an 86 goldwing..
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Helmet

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
id love to see mothorho cruel handjob race this bike. and im not trying to be a douche.... if this bike is a 2.1 sec 0-60 bike then i wonder what a twincharged 500hp meth breather is capable of. I never got to see the whole build on that one, just a couple pics leftover from his purge.
Why I gotta be a mothorho cruel handjob?? That is a pretty douchey thing to say but if you are ever in the Sacramento area, hit me up and ride it yourself and see.
Let me say this, and im not being a douchebag.. I'm 51 yrs old. Been riding since '75, tearing apart and building monsters ever since. I also spent 10 years of my life in the Marine Corps. Then another 20 yrs a compliance/safety engineer. Integrity and credibility mean everything to me. if I say it, then you can put money on it. Furthermore, in terms of drag racing, 0-60 in 2.1 is slow my man. but for a stock bike like mine, its wicked fast. I'll tell you one more seceret to getting the most out of your motor.. Follow the principles of genious engineer Phill Irving. Get his book tuning for speed and read it.. free download pdf.. Tuning for Speed – A free book about engines and tuning by P.E. Irving – Josh Gore Works

·
Is my bike ok?
15,243 Posts
View attachment 152118
View attachment 152117
View attachment 152113
View attachment 152115
View attachment 152116
View attachment 152114
View attachment 152112
View attachment 152111
View attachment 152110
No outlandish claim brother. maybe its a wednesday bike, who knows. Think hard about what I am about to say regarding my claims about this beasts quickness and I feel you will see why it makes sense. I did specifically say quickest 1/8 mile and rediculas but true 0-60.
1991 to 1993 Suzuki GSX1100G, What is it? Ok, so we know it's a standard bike heavy tube steel frame. We know its got a shaft drive. We know its got the 90's oil cooled 1127cc inline 4. It's big brother, the gsxr1100. Some will say its a heavy Katana in a naked frame. A de-tuned gixxer11 motor. Right? And no katana 1100 you know of can pump out the quickness i'm talking right? Hell even the gixxer11 can't do it, so I must be talking from my backside is what you are thinking. And almost rightfully so. Now, let me expand a bit further about the hidden beast that is the Gixx G 1100 and why mine is frightengly quick.
True, it shares the same "de-tuned" 1127cc oil cooled 4 carbed (Mikuni bst36 slingshot) with the katana. But what does de-tuned mean? It means they changed the cam. Suzuki gave it a mid range cam. Why? because it was to be a sport tourer, more specifically, a naked competitor to the Honda Goldwing. An empty canvas that you could dress up the way you wanted. Thats why the frame has mounting points all over it. Ok, back to the cam swap.. Drop a mid-range cam in a gixxer1100 and what is the effect? Less top speed, slightly more torque, slightly quicker engine, correct? Now for the one thing overlooked by almost everyone and the key to its beastness. Its this that makes the gsxg quicker than just about anything.. That shaft drive is mated with the transmission from the Suzuki Intruder.. 5 speed, short gears. So you take the sick ass gixxer1100, give it a mid range cam and a v twin cruiser trannmission and the end result is a monster 1/8th mile beast that wants to rip your arms out of your sockets!!
Mods that I made to the bike that assits its quickness? I chopped no less than 150 pounds of steel off the bike. and those slingshot carbs.. I'm a cheapass and wont put out the ducks for a stage 1 upgrade. Nope. I'll just take my trusty torch tip cleaning files and bore the main jet and emulsifier holes a smidge, file the needle a tad, fabricate an open 4 into 1 and wala..
If anybody is in the Sacramento california area hit me up and test ride it for yourself. I'll make a beliver out of you.
as for some of my other madness... here ya go.. the yellow with edlebrok air cleaner is an 86 goldwing..
View attachment 152109
I'm happy that you're happy with your bike. RIP to your shoulder sockets.

·
Breaking shit...
3,470 Posts
Why I gotta be a mothorho cruel handjob?? That is a pretty douchey thing to say but if you are ever in the Sacramento area, hit me up and ride it yourself and see.
Let me say this, and im not being a douchebag.. I'm 51 yrs old. Been riding since '75, tearing apart and building monsters ever since. I also spent 10 years of my life in the Marine Corps. Then another 20 yrs a compliance/safety engineer. Integrity and credibility mean everything to me. if I say it, then you can put money on it. Furthermore, in terms of drag racing, 0-60 in 2.1 is slow my man. but for a stock bike like mine, its wicked fast. I'll tell you one more seceret to getting the most out of your motor.. Follow the principles of genious engineer Phill Irving. Get his book tuning for speed and read it.. free download pdf.. Tuning for Speed – A free book about engines and tuning by P.E. Irving – Josh Gore Works
I think you misunderstood me.
1. motohorho is/was a member here. Not an insult toward you...
2. he built a bike called cruel handjob, a 500 hp turbo & supercharged meth burning GSXR1000.
3. I wasnt knocking your bike, I see how the parts could make a quick bike. Motohorho had a bike with lots of cool stuff too.
4. I was actually curious how the two would compare if matched up. you posted numbers and Im curious how yours with its numbers stacks up to his.

None of that really matters though because Motohorho was from across the pond and he isnt even a member here anymore. Anyway, cool bikes even if not all my cup-o-tea, you def do work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think you misunderstood me.
1. motohorho is/was a member here. Not an insult toward you...
2. he built a bike called cruel handjob, a 500 hp turbo & supercharged meth burning GSXR1000.
3. I wasnt knocking your bike, I see how the parts could make a quick bike. Motohorho had a bike with lots of cool stuff too.
4. I was actually curious how the two would compare if matched up. you posted numbers and Im curious how yours with its numbers stacks up to his.

None of that really matters though because Motohorho was from across the pond and he isnt even a member here anymore. Anyway, cool bikes even if not all my cup-o-tea, you def do work.
So sorry Grym.. deepest apologies for assuming you were calling me a hand job.. I deserve any typwriter bashing directed at me for it... BUT, My bike is my bike and is as fast as I claim..
I am literally hoilding my head in shame for the most epic wrong read, wrong assume in history. I am so very sorry my man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
And so there has been some changes to the Rat.. It's name for starters is now "No tension to Detail".. Also had a few facelifts.. you can see here..

All in All, total money spent on this build $317.94

Here is a small list of some minor mods.. :)

Starting from front to back..
1.) As you know, this beast is a bit heavy and the G's are famous for being soft in the front forks.. Instead of dropping major coin on new forks, I took the heavy duty Coil Spring off a strut I had in the shop, compressed it, welded it to a mounting plate then bolted the strut to the fork cross member/fender mount. Welded a knotch on top of strut and hooked it in the underside of the bottom fork tree.. It's now a perfect springer front end with 2" max compression even on the bumpiest of roads. Also, I removed the fronbt fender, cut the front side off, flipped it around and now the down side of the front fender is the front high side..
2. Mounted an Enduro Tracker type tire front and back.
3. Tossed the stock Bars and use a near straight motocross Bar.
4.) Our Oil/Air cooled beast has an awesome giant looking motor with big square top end and I wanted to show it off so I removed the stock tank and put on a 3 gallon rectangle Marine gas tank that is the same width as the frame. Now when you stand behind the Bike you see the bad assness of that beast sticking out either side..
5.) removed the stock headlight,Blinkers, Horn and Gauges and installed a super bright LED headlight and small Comp Tach, oil pressure/temp guage and No speedo.
6.) Dissmantled the 4 into 2 exhaust, cut the headers 6' down from the flanges and fabricated a 4 into 1 (note; I installed a 4" piece of flex pipe to each down tube for ease of re installation) Word of caution.. Be super careful when removing and installing the headers. They are bolted in, not mounted on studs and the heads are aluminum. Its super easy to cross thread and strip the damn threaded bolt holes in the head.. ( i stripped 3 of them and had to tap them) Pain in the ass..
7.) I DO NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND THIS MOD.. I tossed the stock airbox.. Its like the trunk on a 76 Monte Carlo!!!! I'm still using the stock BST36SS Mikuni Carbs but Upped the main Jet from a 120 to a 122.5, eliminated the California emmisions secondary air filter crap. Then I fabricated an airbox made from a business cardshipping box (perfect size) It works great and was very easy to tune the airbox to match the atmospheric pressure of the stock box and tune the fuel screw for the mixture I like (slight rich).
8.) My exhaust is pretty much straight pipes 1 3/4" ID with wire mesh Pod Filters inserted midway inside the pipes for a bit of back pressure, sound softening. the end of the Pipe has a 4" resonating slip on from Autozone.. The sound is fucking awesome..
8.) I completely rebui;t the wiring harness, removing everything I no longer neaded AND made it about 3 feet shorter for easy hiding, more effecient design..

OK, now for the weight savings...
I cut off everything from the Downtubes back. then I welded in lightweight 16 guage 1"x1" angel iron for a seat bracket/battery/electronics. I set the seat about 6" lower than stock so My riding position is like a Bobber/cafe.. Wicked comfortable and about 3" above the completely exposed rear tire..

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,526 Posts
That's a nice 0-60 time. The stock 2006 GSX-R1000 could do it in 2.35 seconds, one of the fastest ever made. Other quick bikes (like the H2) are in the 2.5-2.6 second range. Good trick beating the fastest by a quarter second, impressive what a lower COG, lower gearing, and reduced weight (assuming you are light also) can do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That's a nice 0-60 time. The stock 2006 GSX-R1000 could do it in 2.35 seconds, one of the fastest ever made. Other quick bikes (like the H2) are in the 2.5-2.6 second range. Good trick beating the fastest by a quarter second, impressive what a lower COG, lower gearing, and reduced weight (assuming you are light also) can do.
Yeah man, it suprised the hell out of me as well.. After chopping away more than half the steel frame and lowered COG, I feel it was the slight bump up in the main jet from 120 to 122.5 that put the icing on the cake.. That's the sleeper effect of the GSX-G.. The mid range cam Suzuki boys gave it helped alot and what most never really think about is how much quicker that short geared tranny and shaft drive made it.. Granted, once I hit 100mph those bikes you mentioned above tend to pass me up, but when on the street slamming red light to red light I dust em every time.. I love my GixxG and have 2 of them now about to pick up me 3rd next month.. And that one only has 3,000 miles!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts