Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am pondering riding from Pena Blanca NM to Orlando FL this week. I want to get my Iron Butt patch.

iron butt ride certs

Any tips on where I might camp along the way?

This is my planned route

google maps link

I would like to do at least one 8 hour stop on the way between pena blanca and ft walton beach. I am more than willing to consider offers of a couch plus a safe place to put my bike from forum members. Or a back yard to put a tent in.

Cheers,

Jonathan S. Romero

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, my longest continuous ride thus far (with breaks only for fuel/food) was 16 hours. It was not by choice. I had a hard time finding an open hotel along the route.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Awesome I want to do something like this so bad. I'd say you could crash on my couch but I'm kinda WAY out of the way lol.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Which Iron Butt ride are you considering? I am guessing the 1500 in 36 since you mentioned an 8 hour rest.

Prepare in advance for your fuel stop recording, it will save you a lot of time. I had an envelope and pencil in my tank bag and wrote the mileage on the top of my receipt and shoved it in the envelope and was on my way. This way you can ignore the full page log sheet BS and fill it out using the receipts with the mileage in chronological order.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I'm just outside of Jackson, MS if you need a place to rest through here. Got a spare bedroom and a barn you can park your bike in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer!

It looks like i'm not going to be able to take the bike on this trip. The turnaround time needs to be too fast ( i need to stop into orlando for some house sale stuff).

Looks like i'm going to power through in the car.

GRRRR.

-Jonathan S. Romero

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
GAY....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts