Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mainly for the Brits,
Beware MCE insurance, I insured my sons ped after his cbt and made a mistake on the birthday
date and gave my daughters, I cancelled the same day but being a Sunday this was done the next day, Cost of one years insurance £185, rebate given £105, yep £80 for one days insurance.
And you thought they were the good guys. How fucking wrong.:angry:

·
Registered
279 Posts
thats mental, you should have a 14 day cooling off period where as you can cancel with no charge except that months premium..

i have been with MCE before and to be fair, they are a bunchof wankers.

im with bennetts now with a 2 bike policy, cheap as chips and very good customer service.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Unfortunately depending on the company will depend on minimum earned premium. Regardless of how long the policy is opened for an earned premium of a certain amount can be withheld. Generally even if the policy you have you want to cancel, you can check to see how long your earned premium will last until coverage ends. Might as well use what ya pay for.

Unfortunately insurance companies can be very scandalous. But there's also a lot of fine print, and admittedly, it's put into words and sentences in such a way that its very difficult to understand. It took a long time listening to my wife talk about insuring collector vehicles, and myself working with forced placed insurance to understand what most of the insurance shit truly is.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
you can pay only 185 a year for insurance, holy hell thats awesome!!!!
I pay $140, and opted for roadside assistance and extra personal protection (in case the other guy doesn't have insurance) plus bumped the liability up a notch from the legal minimum. 40+, married, college educated, no at fault accidents, no moving violations. I'll actually get money back from them once I finish a MSF course and / or get my endorsement. (Edit - also, the bike matters. Sports bikes get raped, or so I gather. Insurance on an old GL1000 ... yeah, they presumption is you aren't a hooligan.)

Of course, I have zero coverage on the bike itself; any damage or theft comes out of pocket.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I only pay $47 a month for 9 months ( the other 3 months are worked into the 9 months) for my r1 and im only I'm 25.

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
<------ Insurance is only a scam if you don't use it.

You guys clearly just need to wreck your bikes more.

Of course, I have zero coverage on the bike itself; any damage or theft comes out of pocket.
Check out theft coverage. I added it to my liability-only policy on my Triumph after my dirt bike was liberated from my back yard, and it was about $20 /year. The insurance guy was of the opinion that engine and frame modifications help keep the theft premium down, because they make the bike easier to identify.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts