Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Risers and dirty bars. They may cost a little more(consdering longer lines, etc) but they are much more comfortabele. Wheelies are easier to control, I can ride farther distances, and they look so much better!

·
Only GOD can judge me
497 Posts
All about preference

Track: Clips
Street: Dirty

Aesthetics: Clips(Mean)
Function: Dirty(Comfort)

·
Fuck you YOU WANNA FIGHT!
1,006 Posts
You mean flat instead of down?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I will have dirty bars due to the fact that Im 6'2" and LOVE the feel of them

·
2,660 Posts
why are DB better for tall people? i'm 5'7 so i don't get it. i see why they are better for me because i'm short so i have short arms so in turn i have to lean over/ reach further to hold onto the bar. but if your taller ain't it the opposite? since your taller aren't your arms longer so you don't have to reach/lean as far, or do i just have know idea since i'm a short bastard? someone please explain!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I end up putting alot of weight on my wrists with clipons due to my size and the fact that I have a long upper body, I have ridden a couple bikes with dirt bars and I dont feel near as cramped, that may just be a perception thing though.

·
GURU
1,050 Posts
i'm 6'4 riding an old heavy vfr when i put the db bars on it felt like the front end lost 100 lbs and the bike was way more flickable. the comfort factor is a big thing for me i can ride for longer distance without my lower back aching. try both ways and see what you like the best after all it's your ride and nobody can tell you what you will like more.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,700 Posts
Ya brody... It's like a toss up between redheads and chics that have daddy issues... Both will fuck you into a religious rants, both have their drawbacks...
:shocker:

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Haha, +1 to what Poopie said. I personally think the clipons look great on a fighter. I'm going for a bobber, and I think it really adds to the "stubby" look of the bike. No denying the comfort gain with a set of dirties though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya brody... It's like a toss up between redheads and chics that have daddy issues... Both will fuck you into a religious rants, both have their drawbacks...
:shocker:
lmao, so true...just try to get a crazy one, cuz the psycho chics are the best sex for some reason.

for me, after a couple back injuries i actually cant contort my body to be able to reach clipons anymore. but i also had problems even getting my leg over the back of the bike when getting on it....so its dirty bars AND a lowering kit for me, despite nearly everyone i talked to telling me it would totally screw the handling or the geometry or some sh**. Maybe on a track it does, i dunno, all i do know is on the street it actually handles 1,000,000,000% better because I'M more comfortable.

p.s. i am, however, leaving my bike fully dressed with all its plastic...just cuz i hate lookin like everyone else, LOL :rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,557 Posts
fuck clipons. i woulda given sacriledge an FU for his comment about staying FF but i had to agree that dirty bars are so much better for your back...and thats why i first switched.

i fuckin love em tho. so much fun to ride with. completely dif riding position. on the bike vs in the bike. i wont go back to clipons!

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,700 Posts
Remember those days, when you use to swing laying face down on the swing-sets with your chest in the seat, pretending you could fly...

Clip-ons give me the same feeling...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
:doh: what the fuck are dirty bars
we probably call them something different this side of the water

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,700 Posts
:doh: what the fuck are dirty bars
we probably call them something different this side of the water
Risers w/ full handle bars @ varying curvature dependant on your preferance...

Or places full of young hookers and very old men...:shocker:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts