Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roadsterd's 2001 Honda CBR F4i Build - Official Buildoff Thread

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN HERE!

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
I like what you have done with the tail. I see I'm not the only one with an F4i with a 1000rr tail in the works, lol. Its all good though. Im sure our two bikes will look very different once completed. The RR swingarm looks trick also. Nice job!

·
Registered
161 Posts
cRaZy8 said:
I like what you have done with the tail. I see I'm not the only one with an F4i with a 1000rr tail in the works, lol. Its all good though. Im sure our two bikes will look very different once completed. The RR swingarm looks trick also. Nice job!
Seriously? :wtf: Oh well, I thought of it first :blbl:. Don't worry though, they will be completely different from what I have seen in your build thread.

I had a 600rr exhaust mounted up as well, but had to throw a slip on back on so that I could ride it after my truck decided to blow a headgasket. The undertail exhaust coming out the back of the tail looks awesome.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
bastards!!! i guess its inevitable not to have the same parts...esp since the 1000rr is one of the nicest tails out.

i got 2 for my builds. :fire:

the 6rr swinger looks great on there. did you have it powdercoated or paint it?? it looks great.

btw... the link under your avatar thats supposed to go to your discussion, links to your build. :twocents:

·
357 Posts
I agree Adam, the swinger looks tight in black. So its gonna be three Honda guys with the 1000rr tail huh? Oh well. Like you said, the 1kRR has one of the sexiest tails ever.

Roadsterd- how did well did the 6RR exhaust line up?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I look forward to seeing it progress. Seat looks low compared to the tank right now, but I know, it's not done...the 1000rr is a sweet sweet tail, but I knew too many people with it...

·
Registered
161 Posts
haelo said:
Tail looks real good on that bike man.
Thanks man, it looks even better with the undertail exhaust running through it.

929_adam said:
the 6rr swinger looks great on there. did you have it powdercoated or paint it?? it looks great.

btw... the link under your avatar thats supposed to go to your discussion, links to your build. :twocents:
I just sprayed the swinger with some engine paint, no money for anything more at the moment. I fixed the link, thanks for the heads up.

cRaZy8 said:
Roadsterd- how did well did the 6RR exhaust line up?
It took quite a bit of work, and the only way it fits at all is because of the swingarm swap. It runs just like the RR, between the swinger and the rear set.

endo said:
Seat looks low compared to the tank right now
Just barely lower than the stocker, just look at the second pic.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure it's not bad, it's just eye tricks right now. It'll look sweet though!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
what exhaust are you running on the bike?? 1000RR???600rr??
looks like the pipes arent bent to quite the right angle for ya.... not sure if you can remedy that.

bike is coming along really nicely tho! great work man. keep it up!

·
Registered
161 Posts
929_adam said:
what exhaust are you running on the bike?? 1000RR???600rr??
looks like the pipes arent bent to quite the right angle for ya.... not sure if you can remedy that.

bike is coming along really nicely tho! great work man. keep it up!
The system in the pictures is a 600rr system. I got it for $10, so I figured I would see what it looked like. I'm going with a different exhaust for now, but if I come up with some extra cash I will get a custom undertail exhaust bent up. Thanks though Adam, I think the preview picture looks sick, looks like a hornet. :rock:

Everybody let me know what you think about the gloss black vs. flat black. I talked about it in the build thread, I just want to know everyones opinion.

:cfrocks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i think if you did the frame set in the flat and the body parts in gloss it would be cool looking.

although...it may look cool if you did it the otherway as well.

hmmmm....time for photoshopping mbe.

·
357 Posts
I think a gloss on a flat frame would look pimp! Dont get me wrong, flat back is the shit, but a contrast will make a statement.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
What seat is that? I love this project, going to look so awesome when it's done. I wish I could do a tail like that with the undertail exhaust on my F2. Do you know if 600RR swingers can be adapted to fit the F2/F3 by any chance?

·
Registered
161 Posts
sevenpointsixtwo said:
What seat is that? I love this project, going to look so awesome when it's done. I wish I could do a tail like that with the undertail exhaust on my F2. Do you know if 600RR swingers can be adapted to fit the F2/F3 by any chance?
The seat in the mockup pics is from a '03 636. Now with the race tail I will just be using the foam and vinyl from the seat and the base will probably just get thrown away.

I won't have the undertail exhaust finished by the buildoff deadline, so for now I am going to run a chopped Jardine can on a high mount midpipe. It looks pretty good and still lets you see the swingarm which was the main reason I was going with the undertail exhaust.

As for the 600rr swingarm on an F2, I have a picture somewhere on my laptop of one that was swapped, so I know it can be done. Just have no idea what's involved.

·
357 Posts
1000RR race tail?! Tight.......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts