Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Hey uhh just so you know, a 929 front end is a direct bolt on....

Just incase you wanted to upgrade to USD forks and better brakes

Lemme know if ur gonna sell that upper too, I know someone who's lookin for a minty one. When you get all the parts your not gonna use off the bike. Make a list and send it to me, I could probably have it all sold pretty quick so you can get some cash back

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
as far as i can remember, since i don't have an f4i or a 600rr in front of me, those two swingarms mount COMPLETELY different. i know the f4i has a conventional setup, but the 600rr has a very different setup.

never tried it before, but i imagine that swap would be ALOT of work. i'm kinda curious to see how that works out.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
good shit roadsterd...thats gonna be a great project.

i've seen one f4i fighter that was real nice looking..but the site it was on is down so i cant show you.

spyders right...you should sell your fairings and buy a 929 front end!

:metal:

cant wait to see the progression of the bike!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
skr00z has it...the CBR600RR rear shock mounts to the engine, not a conventional mount. Not saying you can't do it, but it'll be a lot of work The only shop I know of that has done a CBR600RR rear end swap successfully and PROPERLY was Pit Stop Motorsports in New Jersey. If worse comes to worse, I'm sure you could call Dennis (owner and head honcho) and pick his brain.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
yeah, i think getting the swingarm in the frame wouldn't be too hard, it'd be getting the shock to work properly that'd be the issue. the swingarm itself isn't THAT much different, it's the upper shock mount thats the main difference. i'm sure something could be made to work.

i have a 929, 954, and a crapload of other arms, including 3 different single siders (hawk gt, early vfr, and a triumph) laying around if you need measurments on anything.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
i have an f4i and its a street fighter well has been for a while now. the swing arm swap is actually quite easy to do so i have heard go to www.cbrworld.net and the tutorial section lots of acticles in there on how to do it. im in the process of puttin dirt bars on mine should look pretty mint. also shorten the can it looks killer with a baby pipe on those bikes

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
albertaf4i said:
i have an f4i and its a street fighter well has been for a while now. the swing arm swap is actually quite easy to do so i have heard go to www.cbrworld.net and the tutorial section lots of acticles in there on how to do it.
Thats what Im sayin.. Ive heard the same thing and have seen a bunch of them

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know about the 929 front end but I got a great deal on the Fullthrottle triple and I am not sure if it will work with the 929 forks.

Everything that I took off the bike is pretty much gone or spoken for, sorry man.

I found a guy who has done the swingarm swap and he is helping me out with it. The upper shock mount on the F4i is on the frame, and on the 600rr it is on the swingarm. The 600rr upper mount is used, but it is flipped around and shaved down to fit. The 600RR lower linkage is attached at the bottom of the F4i motor just as it is on the 600RR. Sorry, if I am bad at explaining these things.

I will take tons of pictures when I install the swingarm to show you guys how everything fits and bolts up. I have looked at the tutorial for the swap, but there are very few pics and without knowing the parts or having them in front of you it's a little confusing. Now that I can look at the parts everything makes sense, but I think the tutorial is lacking.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
roadsterd said:
I know about the 929 front end but I got a great deal on the Fullthrottle triple and I am not sure if it will work with the 929 forks.

Everything that I took off the bike is pretty much gone or spoken for, sorry man.
Thats cool, just lookin out. But like you were sayin about the upper tripple.. yeah the new one wont fit the 929 forks cuz there USD. How much did you get the new tripple for?

·
231 Posts
skr00zloose said:
i have a 929, 954, and a crapload of other arms, including 3 different single siders (hawk gt, early vfr, and a triumph) laying around if you need measurments on anything.
sell the vfr arm?

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
that's some damn good instructions in the link from that thread.

that looks sick on that bike too, MUCH better looking than the stocker.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
glad to help. i thought that would do ya some good! seemed pretty thorough.

shit he even included a waiver at the begining, that def. means its official!

ahah

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spyder said:
How much did you get the new tripple for?
Here are the parts I have gotten so far and how much I scored them for...

$40 - Acerbis Blitz Headlight (already painted black)
$150 - FullThrottleInc Triple w/ Moose Bars :blbl:
$40 - 1000RR Tail (great cond. and already painted black)
$250 - All the parts and miscellaneous crap I need to swap in the 600RR Swingarm

So my list is pretty much completed. Now I just need to start painting/cleaning/rerouting/getting all the new parts on the bike. :rock:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nobody impressed with my deals, haha. I thought a FullThrottle triple and bars for $150 was worth mentioning. Only $50 more than I would have paid for tag mounts and bars.

Here is the bike thus far...

Attachments

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
hey still got your single seat and fairing the stock ones?? if so care to sell it

1 - 20 of 48 Posts