Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I went to the triumph dealer with my dad today, he is selling his 68 triumph if anybody is interested, and they had demo rides with pretty much anything there. I got to ride the 1050 speed triple.

I was really suprised how much I liked it, the riding position felt very comfortable to me, and the power was great. I have a gixxer 600 and it's nice to make torque anywhere as opposed to over 8k. I don't think I liked the way it sounded as much as inline fours, or v-twin sportbikes, but it was a nice bike.

They had a KTM superduke there, I've never really heard of KTM's as far as street bikes go, but it looked really nice, no test rides on those though. Thanks for reading lol, kinda lame but i just thought i'd share.

Nate

·
Hey guys,

I went to the triumph dealer with my dad today, he is selling his 68 triumph if anybody is interested, and they had demo rides with pretty much anything there. I got to ride the 1050 speed triple.

I was really suprised how much I liked it, the riding position felt very comfortable to me, and the power was great. I have a gixxer 600 and it's nice to make torque anywhere as opposed to over 8k. I don't think I liked the way it sounded as much as inline fours, or v-twin sportbikes, but it was a nice bike.

They had a KTM superduke there, I've never really heard of KTM's as far as street bikes go, but it looked really nice, no test rides on those though. Thanks for reading lol, kinda lame but i just thought i'd share.
Nate
It's no way lame Nate. The Triumph speed triple is a well respected hooligan tool and a well worthy machine to get. In engladistan where they are made, if you order one from new, you can spec a host of goodies to customise your new bike including a beautiful shorty megga shaped can from (i believe they are arrow) as original fitment which takes care of the sound effects department.

Re the Super Duke...I honestly believe that this bike re-ignited the Streetfighter image across the world wide web with it's uncompromising stance about hard-edge naked bike riding a few years back.

Following in it's wake, came all sorts of mainstream manufacturers jumping on the bandwaggon, even BMW with it's mental naked 160 bhp offering.

If I owned a dealership, I wouldn't offer one for a test ride either.

Just sell them to seasoned riders who don't want a prima donna temperamental duke in the garage ready to tax your bank balance at inopportune moments, just a wild blast ride to order. period.

I hope you get the trumpet...In black with all the gold bling and the tuneful exhaust option. A good choice! But If your old man likes the V twin punch...lol No contest!!! :rock:

·
Yuh! I know the dilemma too well....

Cerebus not fillin all your expectations???

Shhhh. listen. I am currently bidding on fleabay for a replacement beemer to look after long touring rides in comfort to get the girl back sweet again.

She hates being bucked around by hard suspension and coming home to bed with ears bleeding.

So, my dilemma is, can I swing having two purposeful machines to hand, to suit differing needs without getting us into debt?

For me I say."No Worries" 130bhp sliky shaft driven reliable comfort for her. Ass kicking bang bang V twin lightweight fun for me...:D

·
Just what are you exactly looking for?

What will give you, off a personal check list, your ideal bike?

I understood your idea on the new gixxer traction control, because I have been doin it so long, I know the machine will more or less stay as-is, but the rider may not be upto riding like a god every day.

As a wild guess, I would say you need a 1000cc (or plus) machine, with a dual personality. These are as rare as rockin horse shit.

Thats why I'm pushin the boat out to buy another to lie with my favorite toy :D

·
Wow! what a mix.

OK. You just stepped off a busa and are offered a back-to-back ride on each of those.

I cannot imagine your feelings going far away from this pattern of thought:

SV650: the playful puppy/spit a newb today machine

Triumph 1050 SpeedTriple: tractable naked power machine

Gix 750: all the fun of a 1000 with half the physical input

Solution: Keep the Busa and keep looking for something for one to live with it :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know a guy that had a ZX7 a year ago, then when I saw him again this year he has a Speed Triple with an Akropavic (spl?) slip-on. Dead sexy and sounds nuts. He said he was still getting used to the torque, but would never go back to a revvy I4. I would sell my kidney to get one if I could.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts