Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSVP for Build-Off Meetup in Mass

13K views 93 replies 31 participants last post by  dogbreath 
trav72 said:
I'm in NJ....If my bike is ready I can meet up with you in NY and then we can ride up.
That's the spirit! :rock: That's why we want to get this all out now, so everyone can organize group rides to get there together!

Things on the agenda:

Ride to the summer nationals
Showoff the buildoff bikes that are there
Announce the winners of the buildoff
IF the winners are there, they will receive their prizes
Definitely food!!!!
Parts swap - bring your spare stuff if you can!

Things still up in the air:
Riding dirty (if people bring some dirtbikes)
We're working on some form of entertainment (besides Adam lol) we hope to at the very least have a decent sound system hooked up, but we'd like to get a DJ or a band if we can get enough people to say they are going.
We are hoping to have a bunch of stuff for sale from our online store, including the decals, and a bunch of stuff from ChinaSteve that will be for sale at a discounted rate :metal:
We MAY have a raffle depending on a few things; how many people are coming, and what we can come up with to offer as raffle prizes

We would love for this to be a big crazy event, but we just need to make sure enough people are coming for it to be worth it.

As more of you let us know that you are definitely coming, we will continue to add stuff to the event.

enrico vespa said:
I always wondered, but who are the judges or is it gonna be like the cable show where a bunch of drunk bikers yell who wins?
Well, it will work like this....

You guys will vote on all the entries... full details on voting will be posted soon, but a quick run-down:
people will vote on the bikes in several different categories (engine, originality, suspension, etc.) with NO regard for cost AT ALL! This means you vote on the bike as it is, up against all the others, cost means nothing... well that's not fair, now is it? Of course it isn't, but here's why:

Once the voting is completed, we will put in everyones scores into our fancy mathematical equation that I have devised...

This equation is pretty complex, but it factors in the full cost of the bike and build into the equation, as well as the points they received from voting. It's a sliding scale that has been tested extensively, and it works very well. Creativity and originality will have a big effect on peoples scores from voting, this is CUSTOM fighters afterall!

Basically, you can vote on a brand new GSX-R 1000 that is bone stock, then vote on a $2,000 really original very custom rat bike salvaged from junk yards, put them into the equation, and that $2,000 rat bike is going to beat the pants off the brand new stock Gixxer.

On the other hand:
If that same GSX-R had the same amount of creativity and originality put into it as the $2000 rat bike, then they would have almost identical scores come out of the equation.

It evens the playing field, as we realize not everyone has a ton of money to dump into their bikes, so the key is creativity and originality, and THAT is what will win this competition.

The winners will all be announced on Sunday, July 8th at Adams house during the buildoff event, and if the winners are there and have a way to bring them home, they will get their prizes their too (otherwise we can mail them to them later).

After they are announced, we will make an announcement on the forum as well for those that cannot make it to the actual event.

endo said:
I'd love too...but with zero money from school, and other personal engagements...

PLUS
Total Est. Time: 42 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2580.29 miles

Frapps-->we will be going some sort of Western/North Western meetup for those of us not able to make it to this one, we'll get 'er sorted.
Only 42 hours? That's not bad.... come on... you know you want to.... :LolLolLolLol:

Good news... I am pretty sure we will have a nice streaming video feed of the party so those who live too far away can still watch the fun!

If the Canadian guys are interested, I could help them set up a video stream of their buildoff party, and we could simulcast both parties on screens at each event, so we can all hang out together online! :metal:

Plus... then we can announce the buildoff winners all at once to everyone at the party at Adams house, AND the party in Canada, AND to the members online!!!! :rock:

:cfcartman:

cRaZy8 said:
I need to find out from ym buddy if he wants to come. And seeing that the trails dont seem quad friendly, Ill just be trailering my bike. And if I only put bikes on the trailer, I can probably squeeze three, maybe for on the trailer. Ill keep you guys posted.

For you guys who may need to be trailered, Im in Norwalk, CT 06850.
Please post a thread in the Group Rides To The Buildoff Event forum, title it "Trailer Space Available in CT" or something like that... that would be VERY helpful to someone I'm sure.. :D

BigRed875 said:
i'm supposed to be camping that week but if i can't at the very least make a cameo appearance either sat or sunday i'll kick my own ass!
WOW... I read that WAY too fast... I thought you said you would make a camo appearance... and I'm thinking... wtf? Is BigRed gonna come shooting at us from the woods? :nuts: :LolLolLolLol:

Hybrid929RR said:
Well, I am in Groton, CT for the next couple of months, I am sure I could take a few days off, but I do not have my bike, it is all the way back in Florida. I would like to follow someone if that is possible, I saw somebody here was in norwalk, I think that is close.
We have a Group Rides To The Buildoff Awards Party forum, post up a thread in there, make sure you include CT in the title so people know where you're looking to meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.