Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSVP for Build-Off Meetup in Mass

13K views 93 replies 31 participants last post by  dogbreath 
#1 ·
RSVP HERE: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5363

If you want to go the build-off meetup in Mass:

It is happening July 7th and 8th (Saturday and Sunday). Saturday morning we are riding from Adam's house to Worcester for the Summer Nationals, then Sunday we are having a BBQ and bullshit in Adam's backyard.

If you want to come, are planning on coming, or aren't sure, let us know in this thread.
Just post your plans... say "I'm coming definitely" or "I'm thinking about it" and IF YOUR PLANS CHANGE, LET US KNOW. Adam wants to be able to gauge how many people are coming for obvious reasons.

RSVP so far - For sure: 21 - Maybe: 11
Adam - has no choice
Miller - better come or else
Miller's girlie - she's comin too
Haelo - I'm there
fslflint - coming for sure w/ wife
catman - coming
crazy8 - coming
g-style - coming for sure
g-style's friend - coming with
ravenfz1 - so there
rick954fighter - in
blaze - coming
minefighter - in
enricovespa - in
rdannar - in
hybrid929rr - looking for someone to come up with from CT
dudad - coming, can bring one other (skr00z?!)
dragontl1000s - bringing a couple friends

Scrapyard - If he can get the time off
Trav72 - If his bike is ready
ammadien
ammadien's brother - maybe
catman's girlfriend - maybe
crazy8's friend or girlfriend - maybe
sevenpointsixtwo - maybe
bigred - maybe
spyder - maybe, depends on how his gf is doin
spyder's friend - maybe
skr00z - bike sold, needs ride

See less See more
#11 ·
trav72 said:
I'm in NJ....If my bike is ready I can meet up with you in NY and then we can ride up.
That's the spirit! :rock: That's why we want to get this all out now, so everyone can organize group rides to get there together!

Things on the agenda:

Ride to the summer nationals
Showoff the buildoff bikes that are there
Announce the winners of the buildoff
IF the winners are there, they will receive their prizes
Definitely food!!!!
Parts swap - bring your spare stuff if you can!

Things still up in the air:
Riding dirty (if people bring some dirtbikes)
We're working on some form of entertainment (besides Adam lol) we hope to at the very least have a decent sound system hooked up, but we'd like to get a DJ or a band if we can get enough people to say they are going.
We are hoping to have a bunch of stuff for sale from our online store, including the decals, and a bunch of stuff from ChinaSteve that will be for sale at a discounted rate :metal:
We MAY have a raffle depending on a few things; how many people are coming, and what we can come up with to offer as raffle prizes

We would love for this to be a big crazy event, but we just need to make sure enough people are coming for it to be worth it.

As more of you let us know that you are definitely coming, we will continue to add stuff to the event.

#13 ·
enrico vespa said:
Then get that bike goin. What do you have left to do? I just threw on the chain last night. I still have to mess with the rear spacers for the wheel and electrical stuff
I just broke the entire bike down for paint. Let's just say my frame and swinger are sitting next each other and my engine is in the corner. If everything goes well it should be about a month. I'll update my build thread for further info. Sorry for the momentary :myhijackedX:

#16 ·
me and the wifey will be there, even if the bike esn't complete. but i'm thinkin it will be done within a month.

AANND, its lookin like the wife is gonna be getting a gs500f, so she'll be riding too if she has her license by then.

we'll probably trailer the bikes up and make a long wekend out of it.

#17 ·
enrico vespa said:
I always wondered, but who are the judges or is it gonna be like the cable show where a bunch of drunk bikers yell who wins?
Well, it will work like this....

You guys will vote on all the entries... full details on voting will be posted soon, but a quick run-down:
people will vote on the bikes in several different categories (engine, originality, suspension, etc.) with NO regard for cost AT ALL! This means you vote on the bike as it is, up against all the others, cost means nothing... well that's not fair, now is it? Of course it isn't, but here's why:

Once the voting is completed, we will put in everyones scores into our fancy mathematical equation that I have devised...

This equation is pretty complex, but it factors in the full cost of the bike and build into the equation, as well as the points they received from voting. It's a sliding scale that has been tested extensively, and it works very well. Creativity and originality will have a big effect on peoples scores from voting, this is CUSTOM fighters afterall!

Basically, you can vote on a brand new GSX-R 1000 that is bone stock, then vote on a $2,000 really original very custom rat bike salvaged from junk yards, put them into the equation, and that $2,000 rat bike is going to beat the pants off the brand new stock Gixxer.

On the other hand:
If that same GSX-R had the same amount of creativity and originality put into it as the $2000 rat bike, then they would have almost identical scores come out of the equation.

It evens the playing field, as we realize not everyone has a ton of money to dump into their bikes, so the key is creativity and originality, and THAT is what will win this competition.

The winners will all be announced on Sunday, July 8th at Adams house during the buildoff event, and if the winners are there and have a way to bring them home, they will get their prizes their too (otherwise we can mail them to them later).

After they are announced, we will make an announcement on the forum as well for those that cannot make it to the actual event.

#20 ·
I'm scheduleing it off for vacation, and the plan if my girl can get off work, is she's coming too and we are campin in Adams yard, or on the porch or in the bushes....:D

Can i bring my quad ????:confused:

#21 ·
I'd love too...but with zero money from school, and other personal engagements...

PLUS
Total Est. Time: 42 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2580.29 miles

Frapps-->we will be going some sort of Western/North Western meetup for those of us not able to make it to this one, we'll get 'er sorted.

#24 ·
endo said:
I'd love too...but with zero money from school, and other personal engagements...

PLUS
Total Est. Time: 42 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2580.29 miles

Frapps-->we will be going some sort of Western/North Western meetup for those of us not able to make it to this one, we'll get 'er sorted.
Only 42 hours? That's not bad.... come on... you know you want to.... :LolLolLolLol:

#26 ·
ab420 said:
Only 42 hours? That's not bad.... come on... you know you want to.... :LolLolLolLol:
I'm in the same boat as endo... but add 3 hours. Problem is you're looking at - at least 5 days each direction + 2 days there in the middle of bike season. 12 Days to lose a couple of mechanics isn't going to fly at any bike shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.