Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, i posted a while back as i was going to SF my GSXR, ended up trading it in for an R1 which was burried into the back of a driver who had fallen alseep... Anways

I got my self an RSVR a while back. Deer ran in front of it and ripped my fairings off. Managed to keep it up so its all good.

Im looking to fighter it, without making it look like a tuono.

Iv done a thread search but can find anything.

Obviously it has the ohlins shocks, OZ wheels so they will be staying. It now has wavey discs, bigger back sprocket etc.

So my plan is, and i dont know if this will work.

RSV 2000 mille sub frame, cut and welded or what ever to fit the RSVR frame.
Jester Aprilia Tail. it will suit the width of the frame.
New headlight mount
smaller digital dash

Unsure of,

Belly Pan
Frame/Swing arm covers or powder coat
Super charge kit, i know they exist, but where to find one?
Bars, leave as standard or go down the renthal route.

Im looking to start ordring next week.

I did buy a set of aftermarket race rep fairings but they dont seem to fit the bike, is the 2005/2006 fairing fittings etc different as they might have sent the wrong ones. Cunts.

But it does mean i have a spare tail.

Thanks in advance

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
post pictures for us to see. and fighter it. all of the above it nice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again folks

Here is some images of my bike Before and after :( lol
I will begin the ordering process, this Friday. I need to get the bike shipped to Spain from UK as i now live in sunshine.
This is happening end of July when i get back from Yemen (work)

Obviously there is no longer any deer blood etc on it lol.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
is that your daughter? shes adorable. i think youll spend the most time trimming that wiring harness and hiding it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep thats my daughter, i think she had just turned 3 there. She is now four and has the attitude of a teenager lol.

The wiring harness is going to be a nightmare i know, unsure of what i can trim down etc. I may try and move it under the tank.

Still having a look at tails, i was thinking ducatti or like i said the jester tail

I think the tail looks a little small for the bike with the full fairing on, but should look a little better naked.

ooorrr....

I know what headlight im going for, clamps come with it.
I know what digital speedo im going for, might have to weld up a small bracket to hold it in place.

Carbon belly pan.
Radiatior covers, water etc from the touno.
Swing arm to be powder coated black

Questions. Should i chop down my original subframe to make what ever tail fit, or can i buy a subframe from the bike im taking the tail from, chop the mounting points off and weld the aprilia subframe mounting points in place, so it bolts onto the frame??

This project is a go. So once the bike is in Spain ill make a Build log, it will be full of noobie mistakes and errors lol. But if all goes well i will start another!.

I also work away 5 weeks at a time, and im home 5 weeks, so ill be working on it daily. Hopefully it will be finished quickly.

Also the paint job im going for. Tank, Tail will be black. With thin blue stripes up the middle, same colour as the blue OZ wheels.

If anyone else has any advice, tips etc then fire away!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got bored and decided to play on MS paint

2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale Tail.

I love the lights on it and would try to incorporate the indicators in the light set up so i dont need to put on minis.

Im sure the tail is short in real life, which will be better.

Thoughts?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
lose the mirrors for something lower profile or bar end mirrors, trim the exhaust down, and toss a headlight on her and id say its good haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep this was done on a tuono, im keeping the bars standard, there will be no exhaust hangers from the tail ill be using smaller cans. Possibly Racefit growlers. All other obviously areas ill carbon fibre, blue HEL break lines to match the wheels etc and ill be good to go :)

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts