Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rednek Crackuh
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stepson comes home one day with this tattered Ruckus in terrible condition he bought for $50. I didn't see potential in it at the time so I neglected to get early pics. It looked like it had been stolen with chinese seat, headlights and battery box with butchered wires and ignition. First I checked the VIN number to make sure it wasn't on a stolen list nor was it registered. Then the modding began. First I acquired a 150cc Elite for a donor but before that had advanced far at all a 250cc Helix was presented for $300, a price I couldn't pass on. After stripping both, pictures start.

The valves leaked terrible so I pulled the cylinder down and bought new rings and lapped the valves. The new rings weren't as strong as the original rings so I put the old ones back in. Also the end gap wasn't as close on the new rings. Soon as I have a compression gauge that fits I'll tell you what it reads. Very tight though.

made not bought

After finishing that manifold up I grooved each end for o ring gaskets.

That's where we are today, happy 4/20 !!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was just thinking to myself the other day whilst driving through city traffic in my van that a scoot would have some use round here if only there was something that would have some go!

watching this with very keen interest, could be just the bag for a daytime commuter!

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Bloody hell, yes. I built a mad Chinese scooter for the winter buildoff a few years ago, and I'm still pottering around on my Budget Chappy build. From the current reigning champion of mad scooter builds, I salute you.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
love the colors. cant wait to see where this one goes.

·
Rednek Crackuh
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The turbo is a Chinese VZ21. Ebay that number and you will find them. Depending what size 4 you have I'd suggest something considerably larger. Thanks for the replies. Will keep you posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts