Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Nice bike. I was riding a '78 Gl1000 to work for a while at the end of summer. Blew the engine somehow (bad rod bearing I think) but hope to get the fixed this winter. Keeping it stock (ish) but it was already a naked bike. Did build a set of 33" wide "cafe" bars for it...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I need to do something with it when I put the sidecar on it I need to get the hack side out of the way so I want to cross it over and do a 4 into one with prolly a supertrapp can. For the build off I may just cut it off an throw a can on each end. All depends on funds and how well I can weld

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
UGH youre putting a sidecar on it? I fuckin hate you hahaha. I'd been scouring the internet for a sidecar for my GSX1100G after I lost my leg. I'd still get one if I found it for cheap. This will be the first build off bike with a sidecar. So dont let us down and dont fuck it up!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I got real lucky on craigslist and found a ural body without a chassis for 300 bucks. I dunno if I will get to the sidecar for the build off but it would be cool if I can. Should be picking it up on Sunday so we will get an idea of how over my head I'm in.
I won some bars on eBay today for a fiver so were starting to move a bit.
I need to start making the mold for my faux tank soon this will be my first time with fibreglass so it's prolly going to look like shit but got to give it a try anyway.

Johnny good luck finding a hack I've been looking for years for anything under a grand that isn't a vellorex. Every once in a blue moon something pops up so I will keep an eye out for ya.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Re: RWgoldsmith's gl1200 "mastiff"

this is gonna bea monster! good stuf mate !

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Exhaust wise, its pretty easy to mount Harley muffs on those things, just runs a 2-1 on each side. HD owners often dump the stock muffs on CL for ~$30 a pair when they swap out.

4-1 would probably be cooler though, especially if you shoot it out the side under the sidecar.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The idea is to make this hack a semi leaning rig meaning the bike leans independent of the sidecar. I need make the mount for the hack on the centre line of the bike. I also need clearance for the bike to lean so I need to cross over the right side exhaust to the left. It may go into one can but I think it wild be cool to do the double can ala Ducati monster by having them stacked. All depends on what I can afford and how I can route it. Hope that explained Wots in my head lol

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Here are some pics. The top set is off a '78K and they have solid slugs in the end for vibration,I suppose. The bottom set is off a '76F. The F bars are drilled for wires and the K's are not. Both pair are 32'' long.

If you want them shoot me a PM with your shipping info. Sorry again for the delay.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts