Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Been having a couple off weeks and having pretty bad burnout from working a 9-5 and trying to start my ownbusiness so I decided to play in the garage today.
I figured out that the saddle bag crash bars
are pretty close to the same diameter of the frame and has close to the bend that I want for the tail. So free steel!
Cut the frame nice and even :)

"Adjusting the bend a wee bit"

Seems to suit it

Stole the slugs from the luggage rack fits perfectly.

And there it is held with slugs.

Just need to drill for the plug welds but wifey wants to go for a ride so I'm done for the day.
Rw

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ran into a bit of a problem. Threw the wheel on just for looks and realized how little clearance I have. With my wife and I pushing down on it it hit the tyre.

Looks bad ass tho
solution? Hack the frame more!!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yeaaahhhh.....no this is gonna pull a hack and I actually ride more than around the block and too the bar. my wife and I stared at it for a while and we settled on longer shocks that actually work.combined we weigh 240 pounds so we shouldn't be able to bottom it out.
wooo more $$$$.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ran into a small issue.

I forgot just how much this fuel tank sticks up. The fuel tank and the false tank want to share the same square Without having the proper feat.
I think I'm going to kill two birds with one stone and cut the top of the fuel tank off and put a flat sheet with flush filler cap.

But got the rear hoop welded on

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey guys!
It’s been a bit but I’ve got my old Shanghai tool company packed with this project and ready to drag it out to Montana. Let’s see if this pos trailer makes it.
I’ll do a update with the goings on when I get back. I’ve got a lot of butchery to fix and parts to find. It’s been five years and I was in a hurry when I packed this so it’s all just crammed into boxes and I don’t remember anything.
So I’ll talk to you guys next week.

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,547 Posts
Welcome back! See you soon! :cfrocks:

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Subd!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well we made it, my old trailer was just fine cruising at 80. I haven't done forums in ages so this may take a couple of tries on the old pc.
Got the wee little bike unloaded and here is where it sits.

Originally I was going to sketch out my plan for this build but it was my nan's funeral on monday and I had to watch the thing on my computer instead of being there in person. I decided I would just do something, so I whipped out the trusty grinder and started removing all the extra tabs and shit around the frame.

Some of the hurdles that I need to cross are finding parts. I left in a hurry and parts got placed in "safe places that I'll totally remember". Big on the notoriously missing list are the axles and spacers.

A lot of things have changed on what I want to do with this project in the last couple years. I have had a lot of time to ponder. The main thing is that I am no longer making this a leaner hack. As cool as that would be, I plan to do my fair share of dirt roads and camping with this rig as well as some winter riding.
I'm planning on a more of a prewar bobber feel.
Small budget but I intend to peck away at it and I am not in any rush. As long as its moving forward then I will be happy.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Got a smidge of work done late last night. I had recalled draining the coolant at some point and discovered that was not the case when I went to remove the radiator.

The fill tube and the port for the overflow would fowl the body work I have planned for here.

I discovered that the rad is brass so I about .5 inch and gave it a slight angle.
I then took the left over piece of brass and forged it up to fit as a collar.

Ill run to the store today and get some 60 40 solder and flux and some caps to pressure test my work.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
God damn I miss this forum. I’ve been researching removing the linked brakes. I walked into a goldwing forum and just got a dozen people telling me that gold wings are perfect and I just need to learn to ride.
I’m slowly developing a plan for that. I found the axles but I’m missing a spacer on the front and the rear brake caliper and mount. I think I may make up some temp spacers from ally just to make it a roller.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
God damn I miss this forum. I’ve been researching removing the linked brakes. I walked into a goldwing forum and just got a dozen people telling me that gold wings are perfect and I just need to learn to ride.
I’m slowly developing a plan for that. I found the axles but I’m missing a spacer on the front and the rear brake caliper and mount. I think I may make up some temp spacers from ally just to make it a roller.
Kinda noticed the same thing. If I post any of my doings on other forums I get a ton of replies why not to do that. On this forum I get replies on HOW not to do that :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
linked brakes, can you not just shit can the full system, fit 3 calipers, 3 lines and two master cylinders ?
That’s looking more and more likely, I didn’t realize that the front two calipers have two different bore sizes. I was looking to see if anyone else had found an easy way around it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Fucking around with cardboard in the wee hours. I've been working crazy hours so haven't been on this much

But I did make a fancy rolling stand that sorta rolls for my bandsaw. I forgot how satisfying it is to use that thing.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts