Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a new thread here for this thing....

So it was this....900rr with a 893cc mill in it, that I spun #3rod bearing in....idk how that happens....something about oil circulation so I'm told :fu:
(headlight in this pic was just me messing around lol)

And then it became this BEAUTY AND BEAST with a Blackbird 1100xx motor fitted inside the chassis.

And then that motor kind of went dead on me (super awful carbon build up from before I ever got to tune it and it finally killed it) so I took apart the top end to rebuild it...and apparently took too long and got surface rust in the cylinders sooo FAWK ME!
Ripped out the motor, prolly just gonna get another 1100xx to stick in there---BUT thing is I've already done that, sooooo I kind of want to stick some other engine in there now, no idea what. I'm up for any kind of stupid ridiculous engine swap. WE HAZ DEH TEKNOLOGEE!
Here is how it sits today.... Just raped the motor out of it lol:oops:

input on ideas for a motor to stick in here? Or shall I just throw another 1100xx in there and just finish making it sexy?:letsride:

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cbr1000rr motor :rock:
Yeah that has been a thought of mine, as I finally have a connection with a very good aluminum welder..... and the frame needs cut for it to fit around the clutch.
I really have a desire to stick a hayabusa motor in it too, just need more dimensions.
Best thing would probably be to stick another 1100xx in it, and turbo it...but that would be a little ways off as I've got some expensive things happening in my life right now lol

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I second the cbr1000rr

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
imo you should stick in what ever motor the cbr fan boys hate the most. That way when they say "honda makes da best bikes and XXXXXXXX can choke on da xost wen i blow by dem and break da necks"

that way when you get fan boys like that you can just giggle. It would be amazing if you would even put honda badgeing on the case covers so it looked factory.

i think a gxsr motor would fit the bill for my idea but i am not current on fan boy battles

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
cummins 4bt?

surprised thats not a no brainer!

like the color of the block in the middle pic!

what about a smaller CC and twin turbo it? got the room, make boost quick so the lag doesn't pull wheelies when boost hits, and piping always looks sweet!

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
the 1000rr motor was a let down for me. cross plane r1 or hayabusa

even a built gsxr1000 like pies would be cool.

You know how i feel about motors where they don't belong. :D
Agreed on the cbr100 motor, it wasn't exactly STELLAR by any means.
I've looked into both the r1- which looks VERY doable, just need head measurements, and the hayabusa is pretty tempting, but the price for a hayabusa motor is a little meh.
I'd LOVE to smack a gsxr1000 in there like piester, but then that means I gotta save up more monies :( lol

I think I'm gonna have to send a text out to Piester and see if I can get some gsxr measurements.... Right now mostly looking like another 1100xx will go in there as I just found one for an AWESOME price about 2hrs away...now if only I can get something sold so I can buy it!!!

-----------I also first looked into sticking an old KZ in there, but no matter how I draw up a cradle to hold the motor in the frame it ends up looking like a retarded stunter crash cage....but just throwing that idea out there, I'm open to sticking anything into this thing...the more ridiculous of WTF WHY!? the better lol

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
More ridiculous, eh?

750 2-stroke in a frame that handles could be funny.
Oh HELL YES!.... I have FOR SURE looked into two strokes and would LOVE to do it, but all the engine mounts on them are in the front/side of the engine case, and I need it on the rear/side of the head other wise I have to run some tubing/frame rails up the bottom and front of the frame....It could definitely be done...Just not sure that I really dig any of the drawings I've come up with to mount one in there.... It just needs to look AWESOME, and I haven't made a drawing up yet that looks AWESOME for it.

Right now I have three contenders for a motor swap.
-MAIN MOTOR OF INTEREST at the moment is sticking a ducati motor in there. I'm working at designs/measurements already lol
-Stick in another blackbird----- meh boring I already did it.
- Fab up bars to mount in a two stroke-----REALLY love this idea just not sure I like how it looks.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Triumph 1050cc Speed Triple motor.

One of the best street engines ever made. 3-cylinder torqueyness with liter bike revs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-08-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d93a4a05&vxp=mtr
Oh agreed its a sweet motor, but I don't think it is enough POWER for me.... 124bhp and 78ftlb doesn't make me pitch a tent hahahah It is good and awesome no doubt, but I'm thinking I want either ridiculous odd and cool looking (ducati) or a power monster.

Half a thought is to continue through with the original plan of this build when I first did the motor swap, and that is to get the 1100xx turboed.
But bleh, I feel like that would be so far off because of funding, so then I get depressed and just wanna sell this thing.:(

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
If the 1050 isn't enough power then how about a late model 955i Daytona engine? Supposed to be good for 145hp. I had an early Daytona with an alleged 125hp and when it was working (early Fi, was updated around 2001) it was a sweet engine and a super tone. You can also setup the fuelling on TuneECU using just a $10 OBD2 cable, no need for a power commander $$$ or lots of time on a dyno.

I think the Ducati would look cool but it'll be slow. Maybe better with a later WC Motor but they're less pretty.

The triumph has front mounts in at least nearly the right spots too.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
unsubscribe :rolleyes:
I really want a 200hp bike....idk why, I just do....ok nvm, I do know why :rock:

I'm kinda thinking throwing a 1100xx back in there would be the best bet with then turboing it, just not sure I like the time frame that would probably be unless I sold some stuff.
I thought about throwing in a zx10r though as well, it has just a stupid amount of NA HP, stock.:nuts:
IDK...... do I build for crazy outright HP, or do I build for looks and never done before -Ducati in 900rr frame.
I already have a building for fun bike with my "zx900rr"...

le sigh, I'm torn.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts