Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude in France is fabricating sick parts for the 28 year-old 2-stroke V4 engine.

I've contacted him and am trying to get some of these parts for my RZ500 future project. Nothing is for sale yet, as far as I know.

Billet Power Valves, Heads, and reedcages with adapters, exhaust manifolds, crank parts:

More to come!

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crankshaft mods and dry clutch parts are supposed to be in development, as well.

Hold on tight for Phase 2. Dude is adapting YZ125 cylinders and rods to the RZ500 engine!!!

Billet suspension link thrown into the mix:

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that brand new technology, or a retread of vintage race/performance parts?

Also, didn't know the V4 was a twin crank
These kind of parts have not been available for the RZ500 engine.

The French dude, Sergio, wants to use 2012 YZ125 cylinders, pistons, rods, and carbs. Nearly 30 years of development over the OEM parts.

(That's why the NS400R V3 2-stroke engine is my favorite - single crank. :D )

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any links? would love to know how much one of those engines run. would kill to ride a v4 2 stroke
No website, yet.

I'm still waiting to find out what parts will be available to buy. I don't think anything much will happen before summer.

The dude will be selling parts. It's up to you to score the engine or whole bike.

Message to all - THESE RZ500 ENGINES ARE A SERIOUS MOTHERFUCKER TO REBUILD PROPERLY. - Just have to get that out there.

The RZ500 is an expensive bike, especially here in the states where it was never sold new. These custom parts will also cost big bucks, but I hope the YZ parts will be unmodified to lower the cost. Not positive that I can afford this stuff, either. Very cool to look at, though.

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay- now in contact with the man. :D

Was offered 4 of those billet heads and the billet clutch cover.

Curious how the dyno test went on the version 1 engine. If I buy these heads, they won't add much power by themselves. Looks like the version 1 engine also has the modified reed cages for V Force RZ350 style, and different carbs. Nice setup, but I think the way to go is to wait for the YZ125 cylinders, heads, rods, crank, etc.

Not sure if or when version 2 parts will be available and how much it would all cost including the engine rebuild. Version 1 may not require a rebuild, but still need to ask about those crank mods. Also interested in a dry clutch, so maybe have to pass on this billet clutch cover, too.

On a related note, I heard about someone who will be modifying the RZ500 engine into a screamer configuration, firing every 90 degrees instead of 180. Can't wait to see that!

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Simply outstanding! Imagine having one, the first ride would be such a trip.
These engines are fairly simple in design, but quite complex to fully understand. I only have a basic grasp of 2-stroke engine dynamics.

What I'm getting at is- it's very difficult to get a lot of HP out of this particular engine. I'm curious how much HP these mods will add. It's not difficult to get 100 RWHP (but it's not cheap!) - but beyond that costs a fortune and I don't think they get much over 120 HP.

Not sure, but I think the limiting factor may be the case volume. The YZ125 cylinders will flow better than the stock cylinders, but it's not a bigger piston, so I don't know if it will be worth changing the cylinders, crankshafts, pistons, etc. There are also a few 700cc conversions out there, but nothing for sale, just project bikes.

I will buy one of these dry clutch covers as soon as they're ready! Sick!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
These engines are fairly simple in design, but quite complex to fully understand. I only have a basic grasp of 2-stroke engine dynamics.

What I'm getting at is- it's very difficult to get a lot of HP out of this particular engine. I'm curious how much HP these mods will add. It's not difficult to get 100 RWHP (but it's not cheap!) - but beyond that costs a fortune and I don't think they get much over 120 HP.

Not sure, but I think the limiting factor may be the case volume. The YZ125 cylinders will flow better than the stock cylinders, but it's not a bigger piston, so I don't know if it will be worth changing the cylinders, crankshafts, pistons, etc. There are also a few 700cc conversions out there, but nothing for sale, just project bikes.

I will buy one of these dry clutch covers as soon as they're ready! Sick!!!
Surely being a two stroke though the bottom end has gotta be such a dog though, I've no experience with a four cylinder two stroke but same idea right? Too bad there aren't casings that allow you to see the crank/cylinder in the way that clutches have see through covers. Would really show the beauty of this motor!

·
BLACK BELT
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My favorite builder Alex was MIA for a while, but is back and continuing to build totally sick stuff, as usual.

He designed and cut these massive reed case intakes for the 2-stroke RZ500 engine. Other development pics speak for themselves. Keep in mind, the carbs are normally mounted on the sides of the engine. Notice the custom dry clutch side cover and custom coolant piping.

·
Registered
992 Posts
That's awesome. Is he going to be able to run the parts he printed or is he prototyping for a casting or something? What chassis is that he's using? Exciting stuff

Anything happening with the YZ adaptation stuff?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts