Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to cruise through CL and stumbled across this little gem!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Auto part

Now before anyone gets on the soapbox, I know all about wrecked machines, what to look for and what to run from:)

I just gotta convince the little lady that this is a good investment:D(which could be tough with the holidays coming)....but for a mere $500! It's worth more than that in parts!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Durable bikes, has steel frame so anything is possible. My 22yr old son has my old '94 yzf I built a few years back and he hasn't destroyed it yet as hard as he tries.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
FI? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they stayed carbed. R1 and r6 didn't even go FI until 02

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Hmmm, learned something there, I thought they stayed with the steel frames. I am pretty sure they all was carbed though, tried to make a set from a '01 work without ram air and gave up.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Straight off of Wiki....

The YZF-R6 has been revised several times since its introduction. Starting with the 2003 model, the R6 became fuel-injected. The 2006 model year was a significant upgrade with a new engine management system featuring the YCC-T ride by wire throttle and a multi-plate slipper clutch.[3] The 2008 model incorporated the YCC-I variable-length intake system to optimize power at high engine rpm and an improved Deltabox frame design.[4]

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
That's true whip. Too bad that Bike u posted a pic of isn't an r6. Its a yzf600r. 2 different bikes

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Not sure if anyone put together the fact it is in impound and there is TWO damaged helmets that match sitting with the bike. Somebody and their girlfriend had a really bad end to a ride. :(

I think I saw one of those turbocharged recently....

:D

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure if anyone put together the fact it is in impound and there is TWO damaged helmets that match sitting with the bike. Somebody and their girlfriend had a really bad end to a ride. :(
I noticed that:(......I can't help the people but sometimes I can give the bike a new life:)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
They aren't bad bikes. Easy to fix parts very easy to get very reliable bike and with a tail swap new head light front end swap and swingarm swap you'll have a great handling quick good looking reliable ride. And very easy to work on

·
addict
370 Posts
(front end swap and swingarm swap you'll have a great handling quick good looking reliable ride. And very easy to work on)
x1000 r1 forks and r6 swinger and my Fzr is on rails idk about the yzf but back in the day the Fzr had some of the best geometry there was and once you hike the ass up a little its even better every one who every rides it just goes on about how light and flickable it is

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
x1000 r1 forks and r6 swinger and my Fzr is on rails idk about the yzf but back in the day the Fzr had some of the best geometry there was and once you hike the ass up a little its even better every one who every rides it just goes on about how light and flickable it is

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Being local to a short road course that really favors the smaller bikes I've been hearing all my riding years about the FZR400 with FZR600 suspension being the best it gets. Then came the formula you are talking about mixing R1 and R6 parts into it. Seems you just can't go wrong with an inline four Yamaha sportbike when it comes to year range as it is all easily upgraded and updated. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.