Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker here. I have slowly been repairing a 84 GPZ 750, non turbo, for a while. I got it over a year ago and it was in awfull shape. Tank was rusted through, all bearings shot in swing arm, wheels and steering. I have already swapped the blown rear shock with a zr7 coil over as well as most of the rear end bearings. Finding parts for the GPZ is a bitch too btw. Anyways I'm here to say hello.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also have a 06 yz450 frame with an 01 r6 front end grafted to it somewhere in the shop. Possibly a future frankenbike, need to figure out a motor to cram in it as yz450 motors are super expensive. I was thinking of grafting an r6 swing arm to it eventually.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
What are you planning to do with it? Keep it stock or swap some parts? I'm curious as I'm picking up a '83 Gpz750 tomorrow.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF.....

I'm in sc to but down by Hilton head island

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not planning on hacking the frame at this point. Guess Ill probably try and run a clean naked version. Of course anything could change. I've even thought of grafting a gpz 900 fairing (love those darth vader fairings).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts