Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have seen people who really like them but have budys who would disown me if I were ever to get one... So let me have it

What is the good, bad, and ugly about buells?

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
Why would your buddies disown you?

I really want one just not a Blast. What a piece of shit that thing was.

Why are you still in the beginner section? You are really limiting your audience here.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Why are you still in the beginner section? You are really limiting your audience here.
wondering if that may come up lol guess I got to go in the deep end lol as for my friend she is a stunter and hAtes buells because there "Harleys" and she also hAtes v twins.... So I as bound to puss her off some time because I will have my Ducati 999r at some point!!

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Ok I have seen people who really like them but have budys who would disown me if I were ever to get one... So let me have it

What is the good, bad, and ugly about buells?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with buells!!!

As far as being a harley...YES the XB and earlier are totally harleys

To all the "nay sayers" the little 76 cubic inch power plant is the most powerful "production" harley ever produced at 105hp...well other than the Vrod that beats it by a hair(108hp)but is a complete diffrent beast, even the big 110" harley only kicks out 95 ponies and weighs about 40 tons

I have a 2005 XB12 and love it!!! The power and torque VS weight is a perfect combination, they have no problem keeping up and will outrun many in the corners do to the large amount of corner shredding torque

The engines are NOISY it's just something you have to get use to especially if you are coming from an inline bike which are very quiet...

Buells have a very unfounded reputation for being unreliable, the owners are the ones that fuck them up, keep in mind the fact that it's a pushrod Vtwin and treat it as such and it will last just as long as any other bike

I love the fact that my buell is diffrent both in sound, looks and ATTITUDE! Sure it's not the fastest bike, mine tops out at 130 WOT, but it's a fuckin hoot to ride

Oh fuck it!! I could go on for days....Just go ride on! If you love it then go buy one and tell the haters to eat shit!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was about to bash Buell but this guy was so passionate I just can't do it... cause hes right the power to weight is probably a blast and if you like then ride it. i have a rc51 and a z1000 the 51 is a lot of fun on the torque factor alone and the thump is just music like Mozart type shit. Personally I can ride the Z faster but if Im going out for a pure pleasure under a couple hour ride Im taking the RC, it's just more fun. The Z is "easier" If you do get a Buell just make sure you have a nice set of tools and a open mind lol.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
The thing about the S model buells is they are already Fightered....some modifications/changes/upgrades can be made but the bikes are pretty slim already

·
Registered
740 Posts
I always wanted to like Buell, but never really did. The bad ass v twin American sportbike was a cool concept, but to me they never really got seriously competitive with import options.

Still I was seriously considering buying a xb12 used a couple years ago, and only didn't because of price- people want crazy money for them, and I couldn't bring myself to drop $6k for a decent example when I could get a nice z1000 for about half that. You really have to want a Buell, because it's a Buell.

·
Registered
334 Posts
ive owned liter bikes and now i ride a buell.. i LOVE my buell to death. Its the most fun i have had on two wheels. However my Buell is the older tube frame which is even more raw then the more defined XB model, which I also plan on picking up in the near future. My bike has been updated with a lot of XB parts however.
People who bash them have never ridden one or owned one. They are very reliable bikes contrary to what many think. They are built and designed to ride. The weight to power/torque and handling makes it an absolute blast and perfect setup for street riding.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Buells are damned sexy and fun as hell to ride. I had an XB12R and wish I hadn't sold it. They are different, and I like that as well. If you're worried about what your buddies will think, stop. Put your balls in your hand and tell them to either BUY a bike for you, or STFU.

If you like it ride it. I'd love to get my hands on another and as previously stated the XBs models are gorgeous! THere are a few on the site and you can't knock how damned sexy they are.

Are they the fastest bikes? Probably not, but how fast are you really planning to go? I had mine up to 120 and that was PLENTY fast for me. Are you likely to cruise around at 120 all the time? I'm certainly not. Just a thought amigo. I'm a Buell fan for sure. If you've got one in your area that's available, jump on it. THe jap bikes will always be plentiful and you'll always be able to pick one up and fighter it. Buell's not so much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts