Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
Joined
·
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idk I just got excited lol. another spontanious win on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=250089755502&rd=1,1

Im taking out the angle'd riser blocks, dropping the center risers down to the upper tripple ...



then mounting these...




THEN Im removing the 1 1/8 top clamp on both sides and having a 1 piece top clamp made for the bars to mount a GPR or Scott's damper kinda like this..

 

·
Buy all my shit!
Joined
·
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gonna for sure..

I wanna start making 1 off 1 piece top clamps to mount either a GPR or Scott's damper for fighters.. I know people like to run them and some of the LSL kit just like mine wont let you mount that style damper.

All Id need from someone who would want one is the bar size and the bolt hole spacing. Ill let you know how mine turns out
 

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
Joined
·
17,433 Posts
If it works out Spyder I might buy one (when I can afford a damper :D) but I definitely want to know how it works.
 

·
the mad doctor
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
dude, i have an lsl kit, and a scott's damper, if you got a hook up on making a triple that'll let me run that damper on my 954... i'm in!! getting tired of my frame mount damper poking me in the kneecap every time i do a u turn. i'd still be running 7/8 bars though. i though about trying to fit an upper half of a dirtbike scott's mount to my lsl triple to run it just like in that last pic, but haven't found a local machine shop willing to make it and the pin mount for me.
 

·
Buy all my shit!
Joined
·
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
skr00zloose said:
dude, i have an lsl kit, and a scott's damper, if you got a hook up on making a triple that'll let me run that damper on my 954... i'm in!! getting tired of my frame mount damper poking me in the kneecap every time i do a u turn. i'd still be running 7/8 bars though. i though about trying to fit an upper half of a dirtbike scott's mount to my lsl triple to run it just like in that last pic, but haven't found a local machine shop willing to make it and the pin mount for me.

I could probably have a tripple made but it would be a good buck.. Lemme do my 1 piece riser cap first and Ill post pix, if thats all you would need it'll be alot cheaper then having a whole other upper tripple clamp made
 

·
Gorilla...Hired Gorilla
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
Dude what are you doing with the old risers?? I need some
 

·
the mad doctor
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
spyder said:
I could probably have a tripple made but it would be a good buck.. Lemme do my 1 piece riser cap first and Ill post pix, if thats all you would need it'll be alot cheaper then having a whole other upper tripple clamp made

yeah, that's what i meant, sorry it was a lil confusing. no sense in having a whole triple made when you only really need the upper half of the clamp. hell, even the pin mount i could make no problem. i guess i could probably make the damper mount the old fashioned way (by hand), but i'd rather not if i could help it. machined aluminum just looks so much better.
 

·
Buy all my shit!
Joined
·
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mrgixxer said:
Dude what are you doing with the old risers?? I need some
Ill be using what I have,I just gotta cut them down a little bit.


Give me the measurements you need height wise and what size bars ur runnin and I could get a price for you.

skr00zloose said:
i guess i could probably make the damper mount the old fashioned way (by hand), but i'd rather not if i could help it. machined aluminum just looks so much better.
yeah I hear ya..
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
ive been thinking of this problem with my bike as well.

anxious to see your creation!!!

:cfrocks:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top