Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come to our attention that when we were hacked, one of the things destroyed was the entire scoring system for the Streetfighter Buildoff. Not only are the scores all destroyed, so is the software we were using for them.

So...

Now what do you guys want to do?

How should we judge this buildoff?

Should we just go with the People's Choice winner as the winner? Then we could split up all the prizes between 1, 2, and 3rd place.

What do you think? How should we handle this?

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
At this point.....give everyone a hoody that particitpated and do a raffle for the top prizes at the meetup. Call the first CF buildoff a tie between all the contestants, firm up the rules and voting for the next one, and learn from this one. Oh, and keep the people's choice award as it is. My :twocents:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point.....give everyone a hoody that particitpated and do a raffle for the top prizes at the meetup. Call the first CF buildoff a tie between all the contestants, firm up the rules and voting for the next one, and learn from this one. Oh, and keep the people's choice award as it is. My :twocents:
Well, we don't enough Hoodies for that, but we're already planning on giving all finished builders a tshirt :rock:

Next year's rules and voting will be planned a LOT MORE! Now that we see where the problems are, it will be a lot easier to come up with a good system for next year.
Any more ideas anyone?

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I think that most people would like to see Adam and I get the prizes ;) :LolLolLolLol:
I'm going to bet that won't be one of the suggestions. But just a guess. :LolLolLolLol:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
How should we judge this buildoff?

Should we just go with the People's Choice winner as the winner? Then we could split up all the prizes between 1, 2, and 3rd place.

What do you think? How should we handle this?

^^^^^ NOT LIKE THAT !!! ^^^^^^

·
My 2c worth. is that you conduct the vote count by email.

This cannot be spammed beause each valid email address on file with the CF.com software is allowed one vote per category for each entry.

I had a feeling that sumthin' more sinister was afoot when I read SQL injection was the culprit.

****IMPORTANT****I'm not saying any member cheated!!!!

But even a well meaning fool could have tried to rig the vote count to boost a favorite choice by finding access to the data held on the system by this method.

Go's to show cheats never prosper and now they have fucked it up for everybody.

Using the email method, we could have an immediate re-vote to avoid dissapointment???

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 2c worth. is that you conduct the vote count by email.

This cannot be spammed beause each valid email address on file with the CF.com software is allowed one vote per category for each entry.

I had a feeling that sumthin' more sinister was afoot when I read SQL injection was the culprit.

****IMPORTANT****I'm not saying any member cheated!!!!

But even a well meaning fool could have tried to rig the vote count to boost a favorite choice by finding access to the data held on the system by this method.

Go's to show cheats never prosper and now they have fucked it up for everybody.

Using the email method, we could have an immediate re-vote to avoid dissapointment???
That's a damn good idea imo. Email voting would definitely work... ESPECIALLY if I make the rule, that you have to email me through the website, by clicking the Email link in my profile. Doing that logs EVERYTHING, IP, username, time, date, everything. There would be no way to cheat. If someone tried to hack in and vote for someone else, my duplicate ip detector would let me know immediately, so that would not be an issue. If someone tried it, I'd know who they were, and we'd be able to deal with that easily enough.

How does everyone else feel about doing email voting?

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
sounds good to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts