Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to this fighter lark but looking forward to getting into it. I have a k5 gsxr 1000 just now but started taking the fairings off for winter cleaning and decided i liked the look of it with them off. Got a bit bored with sportsbikes and think this might be a lot more fun. Plan is fairings off, a straight and higher bar setup and i was thinking a square headlight. Not decided yet though. Maybe a 16/44 sprocket set up as well. Maybe look for some advice on that. I'm sure i'll have a lot of questions haha.

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
Welcome mate, just crack a cold one, sit back and start digging through various build threads, you'll surely find a lot of inspiration and different ideas on what and how to do. There are peeps here that can make showroom stuff out of solid blocks of aluminum as well as the chaps that are trying to get by with minimal budget still being able to muster up some pretty amazing bikes!

Asketh and thou shall be answereth :D

Reactions: 370steve

·
old fart
3,798 Posts
Hi mate and welcome in, Streetfighter LAW states that you MUST post pics of any work you do to your bike, as and when you do it, :thumbsup:

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers guys. yeah i'll get some pics up soon. just in the process of taking the front plastics apart. Fairings are all off though. i think i'll have a few questions for you all in the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
cheers guys. yeah i'll get some pics up soon. just in the process of taking the front plastics apart. Fairings are all off though. i think i'll have a few questions for you all in the next few weeks.

checkout if yer close ta Yantosh' get some good advice from him if yer able :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers again for the welcome guys. Yeah i'll get some pics up once i get the front fairinga and headlight off. One thing i'm not sure about is what to do with all the wiring thats going to be on show. I'll be looking for tips on how to hide it.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hi and welcome.Scottish born and bred but in Canada the past 15yrs.Great forum to be on.Lots of help when needed.Wiring can usually be rerouted under tank and shortened or stuffed into headlight housing,depending on headlight used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi and welcome.Scottish born and bred but in Canada the past 15yrs.Great forum to be on.Lots of help when needed.Wiring can usually be rerouted under tank and shortened or stuffed into headlight housing,depending on headlight used.
Where abouts in scotland you from? ahh ok i'll keep that in mind cheers. Thats me got the rest of the front fairing and headlight off so now the fun starts haha. I'll get some pics up showing where i'm at this week.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Where abouts in scotland you from? ahh ok i'll keep that in mind cheers. Thats me got the rest of the front fairing and headlight off so now the fun starts haha. I'll get some pics up showing where i'm at this week.
Just outside of Aberdeen.Wee place called Durris.Farming community.Dont worry was a dairy farm not a sheep farm I grew up on.Had to get that in before there was any sheep jokes appeared.....:fu:Get those pics posted!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just outside of Aberdeen.Wee place called Durris.Farming community.Dont worry was a dairy farm not a sheep farm I grew up on.Had to get that in before there was any sheep jokes appeared.....:fu:Get those pics posted!!!
Ahh well i'm in rothienorman just near inverurie so thats not too far from where your from so I better not make any sheep jokes haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts