Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Ride time needed to make it to Carlisle

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a little early, But I would like to see how many of the SE people are going to try to attend FF11. The idea is to meet along the way and ride as group and to provide support for one another. So post up any ideas, comments, and suggestions that you make have. As of right now myself and DecepticonDon are committed. Thanks Charles

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
I should start one of these for Northwest. I think it said 40hrs of driving, and like 2600miles or something. Gotta get a group together!

·
i will forever be useless
1,581 Posts
if everything pans out i will be going. towing my bikes up tho, not riding.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
My thoughts are to have a group with a support vehicle or two, that way people can rest and ride. I dont know if my back will allow riding the bike the whole way.
Thats the way to get it done.

·
Clutch it up already!
708 Posts
I wanna go real bad. I hope I can.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
My thoughts are to have a group with a support vehicle or two, that way people can rest and ride. I dont know if my back will allow riding the bike the whole way.
I like this plan alot. I would offer up my truck(crew cab, short bed, 2wd hemi, works real well) and possibly a trailer. I know for a fact I can fit 3 bikes in the bed, tailgate down, and I hope to have an enclosed trailer by then. If not, maybe I can at least send my trailer or something. Good ideas guys.

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at the calender July 22 is a Friday, so the plan is to leave Friday morning about 6:00 am to start trip, Get to Carlisle and hang out for the night, Sat hang out, Sunday morning head for home This is the route

5. Merge onto I-95 N toward JACKSONVILLE (Passing through SOUTH CAROLINA and NORTH CAROLINA, then crossing into VIRGINIA).
503.7 mi
6. Merge onto I-295 N via EXIT 46 toward WASHINGTON/RICHMOND INT'L AIRPORT.

42.0 mi
7. Merge onto I-95 N via EXIT 43A on the LEFT toward WASHINGTON.
85.8 mi
8. Keep RIGHT via EXIT 170A-B toward I-395 N/WASHINGTON/I-495 N/TYSONS CORNER.

0.6 mi
9. Merge onto I-495 N/CAPITAL BELTWAY/I-495 INNERLOOP via EXIT 170B toward TYSONS CORNER (Crossing into MARYLAND).

18.8 mi
10. Keep LEFT to take I-270-SPUR N via EXIT 38 toward ROCKVILLE/FREDERICK.

2.0 mi
11. I-270-SPUR N becomes I-270 N.

30.1 mi
12. I-270 N becomes US-40 W.

1.2 mi
13. US-40 W becomes US-15 N (Crossing into PENNSYLVANIA).

57.9 mi
14. Turn LEFT onto PA-74/CARLISLE RD. Continue to follow PA-74.

* PA-74 is 0.2 miles past PA-74

9.8 mi
15. Turn LEFT onto E HIGH ST/PA-641/PA-74.

0.5 mi
16. Turn LEFT onto S HANOVER ST/PA-34.

* S HANOVER ST is just past MARKETHOUSE AVE

0.01 mi
17. Welcome to CARLISLE, PA.

* If you reach E LIBERTY AVE you've gone a little too far

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Wait a a min. Why if the show starts Fri. would you wait till Fri to leave? We rode to FF09 We have three people ride bikes and one truck. ( My truck in fact. ) Witch I am more the willing to let someone to drive if they like. But we left Wed morning. Sleep in a hotel that night got there thur. Trying to make the trip in one day is crazy. I don't know how long the trip you have planed out? But I know the trip we was on made for a long couple days. And on top that I would not think its a good idea to leave out that same day after the show and then take a long trip home.. I just don't see any of that as a good idea. LONG RIDES LATE IN THE DAY ARE NOT GOOD COMBO'S. So we left Mon. morning and stopped in at a hotel again on the way home. Just mt 2cent's

OK with all that aside. I would love to get some people from around Atlanta to ride up. I know I can fit 2 bike in the bed of my truck with the gate up.

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats why its on the table now, So what if we leave out Thursday and ride home Monday.

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If we leave thursday morning we can lay over that night, ride the rest friday morning, would that be alright?

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
basically from brunswick north on I-95 til we get to DC.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts