Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering how effective or hard it would be to swap a sportbike seat (2006 GSXR 600) with a seat from a cruiser or other mid 80-90s model.

My main goal would be to extend the seat back to cover the exposed subframe and put threaded rods underneath to reinforce where it has no support. Effectively making a passenger seat by putting a longer old seat on.

Summary:

How hard would it be to do...

-Remove Gsxr 2006 seat
-Buy old 80s-90s seat which is longer in length and narrower
-fabricating a bracket to connect to current bolts
-reinforcing the back on the seat by using 3 inch threaded rods bolted to the underside of the seat and the bottom of the undertail --- effectively creating 'stilts' for the passenger.

I am mainly trying to make a bobber look but have the option to have space for a passenger if need be... aka girlfriend.

For reference, my bike is below with the exposed rear end.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure which seat. I want to pick one relatively the same width as mine but just longer. I'll obviously chop it down to morph the subframe and hope that it doesn't look god awful.

Looking at any type of seat. Will probably rip up the upholstery and recover it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Probably want some passenger pegs too.

Seems to me it would be easiest to just get a stock rear end off a bike that someone chopped.

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts