Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a bike with a londer seat to peg distance?
my knees dont bend worth a shit because of my accident. was wondering if anyone knows of any sportyier bikes with a longer seat to peg distance? thanks yall

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
1) Hayabusa

2) Sport touring bikes of any make/model

3) Your pegs aren't permanent fixtures! Do something about it!

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
you can get rearsets made that lower as well.

Buell pegs(the pegs themselves, not the whole rearset) lower an inch. Some ppl have swapped them into busa's CBR blackbirds and SV's. Don't recall the model Buell

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I was thinking adjustable rear sets ??

I was also thinking the bmw's

·
GURU
445 Posts
I actually have an extra set of lower ones cus I switched to the standard height on my xb-s. If you wanna try it lmk. The firebolt comes with the higher pegs and the lightning comes with the lower ones. Abomb is right on the price of em too, pretty cheap.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys. im lookin at gettin another bike so i was thinkin about this before hand. as for my bike now i raised the seat quite a bit which has helped tremendously. i dont wanna lower the peg height because that will decrease my cornering ability which is what i crave. but whatever bike i get next i might try the buell idea. thanks guys.

·
GURU
445 Posts
Np. I have not ridden too many bikes, but maybe test a z1000 if you can. If I remember they have pretty room peg distance to seat.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was actually really looking at the z1000. anyone know about how comfortable it is?
and it may be ludacrous, but anyone ever think about puttin forward controls on a fighter?

·
GURU
445 Posts
IDK about forward controls, but the Z was a pretty comfortable bike for me. Had one for about a year and a half and took plenty of 400+ mile trips with it. However, the stock seat is like a plank of wood. So change that for a corbin or something and the rest is great.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
i was actually really looking at the z1000. anyone know about how comfortable it is?
and it may be ludacrous, but anyone ever think about puttin forward controls on a fighter?
On a fighter..not that I can think of...BUT...on my Sporty..I absolutely love them. :rock:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
VFR is a pretty sweet deal

Still pretty fucken fast, very comfortable, smooth ass motor, comes with a SSSA, and they make wicked fighters

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
VFR is a pretty sweet deal

Still pretty fucken fast, very comfortable, smooth ass motor, comes with a SSSA, and they make wicked fighters
Hence the suggestion ;)

I can't comment on the newer VTEC motors, but the older motors were soooo smooth and great. Great torque. I WILL fighter out a VFR one of these days!

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'll definately look into it. if i can find one for 2k or cheaper i'll go for it. i'm gonna try to make my next one a tight budget bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts