Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is an aesthetics and purformance and handling question. I want to put a seat similar to ones below on my bike.....has anyone ever riden a bike with one or one similar? I like to ride the twisties and need to know if the seat will be good for it....

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
That's kinda iffy. I don't think I ever seen a sport bike with that type of seat for actual function. What kind of bike are you putting it on? Can you photoshop it in?

If it's on a cruiser, I've seen cruisers on twisties that blew my mind, thought those bikes weren't capable. But with the right rider, they are.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
enrico vespa said:
That's kinda iffy. I don't think I ever seen a sport bike with that type of seat for actual function. What kind of bike are you putting it on? Can you photoshop it in?

If it's on a cruiser, I've seen cruisers on twisties that blew my mind, thought those bikes weren't capable. But with the right rider, they are.
go to my garage photos and you'll see the bike.....

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
dude, if you build a bike that's ANYTHING like that confederate hellcat...... i'll come steal it in the night :D

as for the seat... for anything other that cruising down the interstate, or riding around town, they suck. had something similar on one of my old bikes. the main problem is that you can't move around on them. especially at any kind of fast pace, it's be scared my butt would end up on the back tire.

just my opinion though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
skr00zloose said:
dude, if you build a bike that's ANYTHING like that confederate hellcat...... i'll come steal it in the night :D
the Confederate Hellcat is my dream bike but i saw a pic of Tom Cruise on one and about puked........

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
i would opt for a corbin seat opposed to the mountain bike seat...would gup a little less up your ass, and fit better against the tank.

i got my corbin saddle (a 300 dollar seat) for $100 from droptop off stuntusa.com

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
929_adam said:
i would opt for a corbin seat opposed to the mountain bike seat...would gup a little less up your ass, and fit better against the tank.

i got my corbin saddle (a 300 dollar seat) for $100 from droptop off stuntusa.com
what style is your corbin?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
I like seats that rise up a little in the front and back to keep me from sliding around when riding fast. As long as it's not too drastic I can still get a knee down.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Yeah, I don't think that would work well for twisties. Your inner thighs will have nothing to be against if you move up toway the tank. You bike looks good with the seat you have on there. If anything, just trim the padding on the existing seat.

$300? there's freagin livingroom furniture that go for $300

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
enrico vespa said:
$300? there's freagin livingroom furniture that go for $300

yes but will your lazy-boy go 150 mph?? i dont think so. and man if you can find one for a good price like i did, its well worth the money. dont think id buy one new from the factory tho. fuckin expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts