Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Operation Sketchy At Best
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure a lot of ya'll have sold bikes in the past as well but i have sold 2 bikes to complete bike noobs. Neither of them even test rode the bikes, there wasnt anything really wrong with them it just seems strange not to even roll through the gears before whipping out a chunk of cash?
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
is this a question? haha. i have sold a gs850. 2 gs750s. a gr650, cx 650, gl1100. zx11. and i think a few others. the only one that got test road was the zx11 and that was only in my yard. seems like no one even wants to check the oil anymore. but you will get the occasional person that is super anal about everything and looks EVERYTHING over. i had someone that wanted to buy a bike from me and wanted to drop the motor. take the valve cover and oil pan off to look around. pull the clutch out. take the carbs apart. and even asked to take the head off. needless to say really but i told him for what im asking for the bike he can just leave

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I just taught a kid how to ride when I sold him a bike. He never rode before and first thing he did was drop it lol.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
peeps are generaly weard when they buy a bike offa me its 'Oh jeez we TRUST ya Robbo' all tha way ~

I even almost fookin pickem up and sitem on tha bike ferra test ride,mebee there scaired of tha durt roads I live on ?Outta all tha bikes I had here and sold I never hadda test pilot onem once :D

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Ive only Sold one bike. My Harley and that person was a family friend. knew i took care of my bikes. knew id get it running for him. and knew it had a charging problem when he got it. he just wanted it, had to have it. and made me money and put hardwood floors in my moms house.

i hate picky people, yet im pretty picky my self. im weary when someone tells me to test ride a bike im gonna buy. like its booby trapped for me to drop it and i hate dropping bikes. i hate wrecking them too. knock on wood i wont drop or wreck anytime soon. last bike i dropped was my magna and im glad no one was around because it was funny as shite

Reactions: ROBBO and MikeGyver

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Ive only Sold one bike. My Harley and that person was a family friend. knew i took care of my bikes. knew id get it running for him. and knew it had a charging problem when he got it. he just wanted it, had to have it. and made me money and put hardwood floors in my moms house.

i hate picky people, yet im pretty picky my self. im weary when someone tells me to test ride a bike im gonna buy. like its booby trapped for me to drop it and i hate dropping bikes. i hate wrecking them too. knock on wood i wont drop or wreck anytime soon. last bike i dropped was my magna and im glad no one was around because it was funny as shite
Hey...im calling foul. You cant trail off like that. Tell the story.

·
1,533 Posts
when its learner bikes, they usually cant ride, and I show them it runs like a champ, and they follow me around in a car. sportbikes, most of the time, but not all. I get the same thing with cars and exercise equipment. people dont even test shit out sometimes, they are just like, bring me that shit, heres your cash. okey dokey!

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
for me it seems like a traumatic thing I cant really remember selling any of my bikes in the past. its like of droped it from my memory

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Every bike I sold that was running got test ridden before they bought it. I wouldnt buy a bike until either myself or my wingman rode it but some people might not be comfortable riding a bike they dont own yet. A friend of mine told me a story today about how His Dad sold His BMW adventure type bike to a kid who laid it down a mile from His house. Needless to say He bought it but that incident might be the very reason why someone wouldnt test ride it before buying it.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
The Hateful Chinese Piece of Shit? Nah, that was my flatmates all along. I almost bought it off her but she got stubborn, like women do. This was my first ever scooter, a 71 Yamaha V50. Got me into riding. Hateful Japanese piece of shit that it was.

·
DW is all that matters
119 Posts
250 I sold, guy drove it around,...gave him a free helmet with it. F3, guy rode it, bought it and almost nailed neighbor's car trying to wheelie out of the driveway. Pocketbike I sold, guy didnt ride it, just put in the back of his truck. I guess that's it for me.

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts
I've only ever test rode one bike... met up with a guy, we traded bikes, rode about 10 minutes, then pulled over and swapped titles.

I talk to the guy, look for signs of neglect, and ask questions. I have a good BS meter...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Every bike I sold that was running got test ridden before they bought it. I wouldnt buy a bike until either myself or my wingman rode it but some people might not be comfortable riding a bike they dont own yet. A friend of mine told me a story today about how His Dad sold His BMW adventure type bike to a kid who laid it down a mile from His house. Needless to say He bought it but that incident might be the very reason why someone wouldnt test ride it before buying it.
This. I never test rode my bike. I had my brother do it.

Both times my G/f bought a bike, she had me and my brother test ride. Partially because she was nervous, partially because she had no idea what to pay attention to. She'd never ridden before on the first one, and was nervous after laying down bike one to test ride bike 2.

I'd never buy one without having SOMEONE test ride... though not everyone has that option. When my brother bought his Hypermotard, he didn't test ride it (was new). All in... gotta commit :robssmilie:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts