Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
You don't think it's be worth it to trailer it down there? You dont have a pickup or van(moving truck maybe) you could bring it down there in? It's a good price dont get me wrong I'd just hate to see someone sell their ride when they're really happy with it. IF I were me I'd rent a fuckin U-haul and haul it down there in the back of a moving van.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked into that, but the lady and I are just going to fill up our cars with our junk and drive down there. I would rent a trailer and bring the bike, but neither of our cars has a hitch. I'd throw it in the back of a U-haul but I just finished school and I don't have a job yet, so $1/mile plus fuel is a bit out of our price range. Shipping the bike down there would cost $800, etc...

So yeah. Love the bike, but it's going to be more trouble than its worth to move it across the country.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
u-ship will ship it for less than 300$, a trailer hitch is 140$ for any car. i have one on my small 4 cylinder and it does wonderfully towing a trailer with a bike in i.

good luck either way man

·
Registered
222 Posts
Like they said, you can put a hitch on the car. Craigslist and junk yards have cheap trailerhitches. Ebay for a cheap wiring harness. Or just leave it at your parents for the summer and greyhound up and ride it back down when you have more money.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm also thinking of buying a supermoto down there so that's what will happen if this sells. I can't find a hitch for my car (1998 528i) anywhere for less than $300. If this doesn't sell my dad is going to ride it to Texas this summer and fly back.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn that's a good dad willing to ride a bike with no wind resistance that far and then buy his own plane ticket home. If he does this you better at least buy the man a beer.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn that's a good dad willing to ride a bike with no wind resistance that far and then buy his own plane ticket home. If he does this you better at least buy the man a beer.
Not going to argue that for a second. He is also truck shopping so he might buy one down there when he comes. nothing like a Texas truck for rust free.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
thread over you're keeping it.

the bandito is a special bike man, please treat her as such. Keep this pig and pick up a supermoto as well

a I4 and a super motor? perfect

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
thread over you're keeping it.

the bandito is a special bike man, please treat her as such. Keep this pig and pick up a supermoto as well

a I4 and a super motor? perfect
thats some damn good life advice. children take notes.

although exceptions are any oil cooled suzuki.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts