Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Do it naked !
20 Posts
Diden't you just get that or was that one of your many ? I'm the guy who had the XR650r , I just picked up a sweet FZ-1
I like the inverted forks on your xr bike is really cool and has lots of cash in that machine if you had to build one !
Nice bike .

greg

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diden't you just get that or was that one of your many ? I'm the guy who had the XR650r , I just picked up a sweet FZ-1
I like the inverted forks on your xr bike is really cool and has lots of cash in that machine if you had to build one !
Nice bike .

greg
Which gen. FZ-1 did you get? Pics???
I've had this XR since 2002. I just finished it recently. Now I'm bored and want to build another fighter or keep the money for school (The wise choice)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This thing has got to go! MAke me an offer, price is negotiable!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
build another fighter or keep the money for school (The wise choice)

i think you're confused as to which is the wise choice :D

i've been feeling the 'tard itch (insert jokes here) recently, if i had the cash, i'd be all over it.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whoopsies

The bike is a 98 the motor is stock for now but I am already wanting more power. Here are the mods in no particular order:

Frame has been braced, painted 2004 GM dark spiral metallic, and modified to hold the new seat and rear plastic.

Plastic is 2002-07 CR250R

Seat is off of a 2004 CR125R that I recovered myself for about $8 worth of vinyl

Headlight is a knock off acerbis blitz style which I replaced the 20watt bulbs with 50watt units

UFO supermoto spade front fender is on the way along with black fork guards

2005 CRF250 forks (were off of a race bike that had the suspension work done)

I made a brass bushing to allow the stock xrl stem to be pressed into the crf triples.

Carmichael bend pro tapers (leftover from my streetfighter) and adapters

Rear shock is a 12.7kg Eibach

Stainless lines front and rear

R1 radial master cylinder

Motomaster rotor
Motomaster caliper

Black Behr rims on red RAD Mfg Hex hubs

Pilot Race tires

FCR41 carb

Uni Airfilter

Battery sits in a custom box under the seat

smog garbage removed

shortened rear brake master cylinder resivoir hose

2005 RMZ250 slip on

Trail tech Vapor computer

DIY oil temp-stick

Stock gearing with steel replacement sprockets 15/45 . This seems to be pretty good for the street with 17's. Max speed according to my trail tech was 117mph which seems kind of high. I know my speedo is about as accurate as a new gsxr600. Oh, the rotor magnet keeps falling off and the fiberglass I put over the welds on the tank needs to be smoothed out and painted to make it purty.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts

·
GURU
1,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's weird, I thought I posted a reply to Haelo before I edited the title.

Haelo,
I parted out the bike. All I have left is the motor and frame/swingarm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts