Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pie eater
64 Posts
Right then.

New month, new bike (well old bike, but different to last month as that one didn't do to well).

Here we have my twist on a cafe racer / street fighter.

Custom one off trellis frame.
Triumph Speed tripple running gear with a few twists.
Fireblade tank chopped and welded on the bottom to clear the filters.
Billet yokes.
Ducati monster seat and cowl unit on custom sub frame.
Full custom system. Not quiet.
Cone air filters.
Various machining, polishing and painting.
Led rear lights and indicators incorperated into the Lucas units. Full custom loom.
VFR800 masters with shorty levers. Bar end mirrors.
As you can imagin, there are other things I've done and missed out.
Errrrrmmmmmmmm......................

Pictures.

Voting picture please.....

Cheers.

Sam.

·
518 Posts
Couple guys said I should enter mine for FOTM ?? :)

Started life as a Stock 750 Katana, now sports GSX1400 engine and injection, TD04 turbo charger, ZRX1200 forks and swingarm, ZZR1100 wheels, GSX1400 shocks, seats and subframe have been shortened by 4 inches, frame modded to accept engine and r/h frame rail made removable to aid in engine removal and refitting, bosch fuel pump, BEGi FMU, PC3 all fitted, Koso clocks and digital volt meter/boost gauge....

Cheers

Steve

·
Pueling Pueman
1,293 Posts
here we have my 1992 CBR900RR fireblade (sort of), my daily rider and superbike eater....

extra or new bits include

96 blade engine (919) dynotuned with dynojet kit, Dyna coils, Taylor Leads, and a DynaS2000 ignition.
Viper race can,
K&N Air filter,
Aprillia Dursoduro headlight, handmade brackets.
1999 R1 Front end, all titanium fasteners.
Vapour gauge with surround
One off Billet Clip-ons
Harrison 6-pot front brakes
R1 front brake lever/res
Hel brake lines all round
VFR swingarm and rear wheel
Unique hand built stainless steel one off subframe cut from 2mm and 5mm stainless steel plates(thanks to Barney, Ben, Jason and Woody at http://www.barneysuperbikes.co.uk/ )holding an XR-750 flat tracker seat unit with a handmade one off seat, covered in Genuine german automotive leather from http://www.superformance.com/Factory.aspx
Slayer sticker!!!

·
old fart
3,669 Posts
after the engine problems i had with my 637 wiseco hornet engine i have re built the bike with a new engine, so i would like to enter it as

CB893RR

use this one please

engine-
CBR900RRS 893cc Fireblade
36mm CBR600F3 Carbs running K&N twin pods
Iridium spark plugs,
Nearly all bolts changed for stainless steel,
painted with PJ1 silk engine and case paint, All cases powder coated gloss black,
Arrow S/steel Full system Exhaust headers with SP engineering Carbon GP style can
SSR Carbon fibre sprocket cover,
carbon thermostat cover

FRONT END.
Wheel, forks, brake calipers, Brake master cylinder, front fender, all off CBR1000RR 07,
CBR1000RR Armstrong wave front discs,
S/steel bleed nipples and banjo bolts,
Triple tree custom made by IZAK's (uk)with 25mm step and extra deep bracing,
Nose unit is off a Gillera DNA 125,
CRG gold shortie levers,
CRG supersport Clutch perch,
Goodridge custom braded brake hoses,
Motogadget Motolight Digital dash,
Motogadget Motosign light unit,
blue LED water temp guage,
Motrax mirally mirrors,
Renthal gold Ultra low bars and grips with brace,
Gold anodised bar ends,
Arrow steering damper (custom mount)
Venhill braided S/Steel throttle cable . also used as over braid for rear brake wiring and speed senser wire cover.
Gold anodised fork preload adjusters from germany (e-bay)
EBC HH sintered brake pads

FRAME.
VFR800 swingarm (shock mount fabricated and fitted by GIA Engineering, with OZ 7" car race wheel modded and running 200-50-17 tyre,
hub modded to take longer wheel studs for bigger off set wheel,
sprocket carrier machined to align chain,
Rear wheel support spacer made by Monketeer (as well as other spacers)
New tank fitted with "Tank Shop" twin alloy(race) fuel filler caps,
Goodridge braded s/steel tank breather with non return valve,
Hornet rear sub frame removed and replaced with CBR600RR 04 sub frame and seat unit,
CBR battery box and harness fitted,
Hornet expansion tank removed and replaced with HRC race expansion bottle
Head bearings replaced with taper rollers,
Swing arm mounting plates moded and powder coated,
Chrome swing arm pivot caps fitted,
Gilles gold adjustable rear sets with custom alloy heel plates,
Hand made custom rear brake hanger,
Renthal CB1000r 45t rear sprocket,
Renthal CBR900RR 14t front sprocket,
Renthal Gold 530 SRS chain,
Ohlins 46HCRS rear shock,
alloy shock ressy bracket,
Mini LED indicators (front)
Clear LED rear light unit, (intergrated indies)
most electrical connecters changed for water proof items
Custom seat hump,with aftermarket bum bad (cheers scott)
C&G crash mushrooms,
Scorpion s/steel radiator shield,
G-craft rear brake fluid tank,
Hel s/steel braded brake hose,
Hel In line brake pressure switch,
Goodridge hose clamps,
rear wavey disc,
Nissin 4 piston rear caliper,From an MV F4
s/steel bleed nipples and banjo bolts
Datatool Alarm/ Immobiliser,
hand made alloy No plate mount, with LED plate light
fuel line quick brake connecter
alloy under tray/exhaust surround

TITANIUM BITS-

Titanium pad holder pins
Titanium custom castellated sprocket carrier Nut,
Titanium custom hub pinch bolt
Titanium front & rear disc bolts
Titanium front spindle nut
Titanium sprocket holder bolts
Titanium Bi hex sprocket nuts
Titanium race spec magnetic sump plug

·
2,779 Posts
Right..... With it finally road legal the GSXR is as finished as its gunna be (for a while anyway) so, other than riding & enjoy it, the only other thing I can do is enter it in FOTM :rock:

So where it all began.....
On the eighth day, after all that pissing around with genesis, god was kicked outa the band and had nothing better to do but fiddle with the fate of man. but, he soon bored of watching mans failed attempts at self inhalation and decided to encourage a little known group of leather clad hooligans to go fast, break shit then rebuild it as it reminded him of all the trouble he had getting the central nervous system to work without falling off or bursting into flames for no apparent reason!
Anyway when the meteor known as water cooling killed off his favourite creation in the early 90s it brought back all the memories. the distruction of his beloved dinosaurs and why he'd switched to pissing around with stupid opposable thumbed monkeys in the first place so, he retired!

But search enoph amber and you can still find remnants of these creatures & this is what I found in 2000........

.....1990 gsxr750

And so it stayed untill Some minor evolution saw it figter-ified in 2007.......

Thus it stood. until, with the introduction of some cbr DNA, a sprinkle of fluff found under the fridge, and the 1127 steroid injection mutated it into my FOTM entry, All ready to follow in godzillas footsteps and crush a cardboard Tokyo, I give you the 7/11 that is...

.......Thorburt!!

And... Because bikes need to have someone on them to give ya the full effect we'll use this one with mrs.bob looking far, FAR to comfortable on it for the votie one

And the obligatory list...

GSXR 750m frame , 2008 CBR subframe (cut to fit by me then grafted on by some bloke i met in the pub), Custom yokes, & 2006 GSXR swingarm All badly sprayed with bed liner
1991 GSXR 1100 motor that still needs its final jetting
Cbr1000rr tail plastics, light, seat, infills and tray, MT03 headlight, Bandit tank, And the MkIII pesky fucking scoops. All carefully painted in grey with a twin red stripe, then lovingly fucked up for that distressed look
Flat bars, Motogadget mini clocks,Hrc rear res conversion, GSXR 750k master cylinders. Errr.....Plus probley Some other bits I nicked of mrs.bobs 750k...Ummm....Braded lines all round....

....Err... Dan moto cans, a loada lightly modified stuff, some shiny bolts I had kicking round. Some rusty bolts I had kicking round. Some other stuff I can't remember. Probley some carlessly spilled bodily fluid. More stuff I can't remember....
Oooo! Ooo!.. And the impending disasters that are my custom loom & throttle cables
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts