Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to replace my fork seal today. the front end feels like shit now. breaks my arms when it comes down and almost wants to throw me in a tank slapper. this is on my 07 r6s with an 06 r6 front end (USDs)

i never messed with it before, i just rode it as it was and it was fine, but u gotta back the preload all the way to take the fork apart to replace the seal. tried messing with it back and forth like 10 times to try to bring it back the way it was but just cant get it to feel right again.

im squidy as shit so but i can still tell its a big difference.

any help on how to set it up would be greatly appreciated.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah volume wont do it, gotta measure it; get a kitchen syringe, and a pencil. Measure your desired oil height and mark the pencil; use that to get your height. After you've primed your damper thing, push it all the way down in the tube then start adjusting the level. Did you change your fork preloads any during the tear down?

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
i do realize you changed all of your settings during the seal swap. gotta start somewhere, and with me its always oil height. check out that link i posted earlier. im also assuming you didnt mark or write down your measurement before backing everything out. also, oil weight is almost more important than oil height.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
How's the new sprocket treating you?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How's the new sprocket treating you?
great so far. just need more time to practice. i had a few mins of play time this morning just not enough to make a judgment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts