Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm going to be getting bunches of parts in the mail soon, so I figure I will start a fighter project thread.

Right now, it's a 1994 CBR600F2 with 19k, vance & hynes slip on, fender eliminator, bad paint, and an ugly-as-sin front fairing. When I got it, the previous owner had some nasty tribal vinyl on, which I immediately removed. So far, I've taken off the side fairings and installed extended frame sliders, in case I do go over.

Ew:

Better:

Fun with photoshop:

More shots and updates coming once I strip it down and start new projects!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
i can say with all certainty, that bike IS SO LUCKY you found it and saved it!!

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update time!

I got toys in the mail today, a '98 F3 clear alt. integrated tail/signals, and an F3 seat.
Pics:
Before:

Down to subframe:

It works! And looks awesome!!:

Seat installed:

My new 'fightin gloves came today too:

Still waiting on an airtech F3 solo tail that will cover up the back part of the seat, gonna have to fab brackets and mount that somehow, plus prep + paint, so it might take a while. Also waiting on headlights, went to home despot and picked up bar stock for fabbing some brackets. woo.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
enrico vespa said:
dude, yuo gotta keep the front fairing at least. It's so different, I like it. Just get rid of the side fairing.
i must admit. i said the same thing when i first saw that. its very different. and for what the bike is, it looks good. i never liked their factory lights anyway.

KEEP FIGHTERING THO! and KEEP THE PICS COMING!!

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Woot, got the dominator headlight in the post today. Bigger than I thought it would be, but I think it will look pretty awesome on the bike. I can't mount until I get my gauges installed, and I may have to retain that single round if I want to make it through inspection.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
just out of curiosity. why the f3 seat? as far as i remember the f2 and f3 used the same seat, just minor differences in the tail plastic. the subframes are the same too, so the race tail should just bolt right on. i say "should" because aftermarket fiberglass panels never fit exactly right.

i'd have to ditch that upper/headlight. just doesn't flow i.m.o.

sweet project though, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The F2 and early F3 (to '96) seats, rear plastics, and taillights were exactly the same. The late F3 ('97-'98) used a thinner seat, pointier rear plastics, and a different taillight. That's the swap I did, so I'm using the updated LED tail, smaller seat, and I'm going to get the updated solo tail plastics.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More stuff in the mail today! My airtech F3 solo tail arrived. Looks ok, not the best of quality, and it looks like it got a little cracked in shipping unfortunately. just some tiny hairline stuff on the edges. Gotta chop the tailight cutout, get some brackets in there, prep and paint. should be fun!

And no, the cat isn't goin on the bike :D

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep shift, The F2 tail was blocky and large, and I don't like the one-piece seat. The F3 seat is thinner, but still one-piece, but the solo tail cover goes over the back bit. Also, the late F3 tail light looks better, and the one I got has LEDs and integrated signals. The parts bolt right up (once I make brackets for the fairing), and update the look of the bike a bit. I'm a little worried that the solo tail will make it look fat in the ass, it's taller and more bulbous than I thought it would be. We'll see how it looks on the bike.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
yeah, and the paint job will decide how big it looks too, if you paint number plates or something along those lines it will thin it out.

so the f2 and f3 tails are interchangable? I know a guy who used to race and f2 and f3 and he told me the bodies were different. Is it easy to swap between the two? Im just asking for knowledge as i dont have one.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update! Got the headlight brackets fabbed and the headlights installed, looks pretty sick! They are nice and bright. Pics:

You can see all the wiring on the front, that will get tucked under the tank hopefully. I want to relocate my ignition key to this hole in the frame:

It'll help clean up some of the wiring and give room for my gauges, gotta see if it fits.

Anyway, more updates coming when I get my trailtech gauges installed. Hopefully soon, we'll see how it goes!

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mrbodydrop said:
have you tried to start it with out the gauges yet?
Yep, fired right up (well, after a little cranking and choke adjusting... really doesnt like any wheather below 60 degrees) after hooking all the wiring back together. The vapor gauge I got uses it's own wiring for everything, but I want to make a LED bracket for turn indicators, brights, oil, and neutral lights so I still have to figure out which wires are for what. Also have to make custom front turns, got about 20 bright yellow LEDs lyin around.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.