Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkin of goin SF on my F4i. I'm probably not going to change out the clip-ons or any of that. Just mostly body work. (I want to be able to ride twisties every weekend still :rock:) I was wondering how many of you drive your SF bike every day? I use it as my only transportation to work and it sees quite a bit of highway to.. How bad is it without the windscreen at cruising speed 70-80? (at 120+??) What about in the rain?

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
70-80 doesnt bother me crusing at all. To me the dirt bars make it feel just as predictable if not more confidence inspiring in the corners, thats what i feel personally but I really loved changing from clip-ons to risers and mx bars.

Nate

·
Registered
69 Posts
really up to 10 aint too bad, makes you really feel the speed that you are going at, 110+ and you really need to hold on, a fly screen will help though. I got and nude SV 650 as my everyday (and I mean everyday) driver and I wouldnt have it any other way.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you do with the dash? like the speedo and tach? Do you keep them stock or mount them differently? I'm trying to spend pretty much 0$ (besides headlight kit). Taking of side and upper fairings. Dual Headlight kit. (plain circle ones) Painting the tank and tail white. And that will probably be it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
not so much as a fly screen on my SV and its my daily commuter/joy ride. I don't mind the lack of wind protection until close to 90. I also have bars instead of clip-ons and feel plenty confident cornering.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Every freekin day its above freezing. 70-80 is nothing, more than that is a bit nuts, but theres not really much need to go more than that very often anyway. I've been riding a SF 9 mo of the year for a commuter for the last.... 3 years or so?

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was lookin at crazy8's F4i. That's pretty much close to what I want to do. I just want 2 headlights up front without the plastic. (seen a kit online for like 250) I'd paint the little plastic remaining white and put black exhaust wrap on the headers. I really think I'm going to do this. When I get my next bike i'll keep that one full fairing'd :D

·
746 Posts
I don't own a car at all. just the 900rr, about 9 or so downhill skates and a hilariously fun but incredibly dangerous and impractical '70s no-brakes velodrome racing bicycle. I get around like this year round in Canada and wouldn't have it any other way. the fighter is phenomenal for gnarly city riding and back road blasting. If you end up on a highway thats really boring just bust out the dirt-tracker tuck and you can do 150-160 easy and everyone will think your a nutter.

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Dude I ride my F4i everyday from april to late october. Unless its raining when I leave for work. I put more miles on my bike every year than I do on my Mustang. And you cant beat the gas mileage! And there is a real easy way to mount the stock gauges right to your upper triple. The stock triple it flat, only thing in the way is the key. But there is a nice little spot for the ignition down on the right side of the frame.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Bailz. All I got is my Fighter. Been riding a bike full time for almost 5 years now. I do my grocery shopping, erands, etc. every day on her. Rain, shine, hell and high water I'm in the saddle. Invest in rain gear and warm clothes for the winter. all is gravy after that.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
The only time I've driven my truck in the past 6 months was to to Massachusetts and back. It's not hard to commute on a bike, or get groceries, or any of that. You just need to waterproof your underwear and get a dual sport for when the snow is up to your knees.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
The wind doesn't bother me. Even at high speeds. I have NO wind screen at all now ?? I guess for some it isn't cool, but for me i like it !

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
I ride mine almost everyday unless its pouring rain. I use it for work too, kicks ass MAKING money driving since they pay me for mileage driven as well. I'm kinda used to the wind when hitting around 100mph, no big deal anymore. Just do up all the vents in your jacket so you don't end up being a human parachute and you're good to go!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts