Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sitting on this bike for a couple months. Bought it for $200.........yup........$200. Frame and forks are still straight, and it runs and drives down the road. Clear title too. :fu: The PO ran it through a ditch, and thrashed the fairings and dashboard. The Lady named her Felicia, cuz that bitch is always going somewhere. Ill share my efforts with you hooligans so far.

When she arrived at her new home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took all the extra shit off.

Then load er in the ol' truck to haul down to the shop.

Speedo was fucked, so I got a new one.

Adapted some old headlight mounts off of an old SP600 that is also getting a "tarded" facelift. Stole the headlight, little fairing and fabbed some mounts to put that shit together.:rock:

:nuts:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now some fun dashboard shit.

Busted Speedo, so I cut it off, and cut up the rest of the dash.

Then, start to put it back together.

Now to get started on the ass end. Going to keep that fairly stock, as I like the way the stock tail plastic looks. There is going to be a fender trimming party soon. Just got some new turn signals, resistors, and some fat bars that will go on when the snow flies.

Going to cut a belly pan out of the old beat up plastics too. More to come later. Have a beer and check out some pics. :rock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snow tomorrow...........maybe. Guess it's time to make some risers and find some longer cables for the clutch and throttle. Anybody know where to find a 2" longer than stock speedo cable? The other cables are easy to find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or, one off of an old Honda Hawk, 919, or something with handlebars. Motion Pro wants $55. Yikes!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, I trimmed up the tail today, and got the bic lighter turn signals installed in the back.

Picked up a couple radial MCs. One Brembo, and one Nissin. Took the Brembo apart and made sure it was in good shape. Turns out it just needed some cleaning, and will probably go on the motard. I'll check the Nissin tomorrow, but the Brembo requires new brake lines. The ones on there are already braided SS.

I also cut the mounting tabs off the original body panels that the subframe/tail section front tabs mount to, and installed them so the fronts of the panels stay in place. Keeps a nice trimmed line to the gas tank.

Next, Ill cut the belly pan from the original side fairings and see if I can get a nice shape out of it. If it sticks out or looks kinda funny, I'll scrap the idea.

After that I'm going to start making the risers for the fat bars. Then it will be time to change the cables.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It been a while since I've posted any thing but i just wanted to answer your question about cables i used honda hornet cables as it has a cbr engine and high bars so all the conectors fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Davey! Ill look into that tomorrow morning. Any chance you know if the speedo cable is the same situation?

Thanks Rob. Yeah, the CBR has a great engine, and is easy to work on.

Oops. Gots me a coolant leak from the little bottom hose. Going to look up one of those tomorrow too.
Spose I'll start on those risers. Going to cut me a couple hunks of aluminum this morning.
Give it a few hours. Its 4am here, and I'm going to go back to bed. :rock:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The speedo is not a direct swap but it can be done the cbr has the speedo drive of the front wheel where the hornet is of the sprocket so if you remove the speedo drive from your front wheel and then fit the sprocket cover frome the hornet that has the speedo drive built in to it that should work but Im not shure if it will be accurate or not as this is not what i ended up doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just ordered a speedo cable for 93-00 Honda Magna. Stock cable for the CBR is 34.25" (87cm). Stock cable for the Magna is 36.6" (93cm). They both use the same ends. I found a place in Europe that listed the sizes for comparison. BAM! Cable should be here Monday or Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts