Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

who should win the Shift Streetfighter Jacket?

• Stick1300

Votes: 66 13.1%
  • MustangKiller

Votes: 190 37.8%
  • uprock

Votes: 74 14.7%
  • svman

Votes: 128 25.4%
  • kjhilsinger

Votes: 45 8.9%
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've narrowed it down to 5 members who are in neeeeed of protection provided by Shift. I couldn't decide for the final, as it was hard enough to get to this point. So you guys can vote for the winner!

Shift Racing has been awesome enough to offer up a jacket for one of our fighterers. The winner will be getting themselves a brandy new SHIFT STREETFIGHTER jacket in their size and color choice!

The jacket being given away is appropriately called the Streetfighter which is a textile and leather hybrid jacket. For more info on the jacket click here: Shift Streetfighter Hybrid Jacket

I'll toss my hat in the ring. My reason:

I'm in college in order to better my life, and hopefully that of my family because they got me to where I am today, and I work almost 40hrs a week. I pay all my own bills and all my spare money has been going towards fixing my bike, which is my only means of transportation.

Well, there it is.

well, ok my turn i guess....

i've never had a proper riding jacket in my life. I've got three kids ages 12,4 and 6 months. I was fired from my job of over 3 years because the owners fortune teller said a white guy was stealing.( me and one other guy lost our jobs)This was 4 months ago. As alot of you know finding a job these days isn't all that easy. Anyway, my wife and I have done everything in our power to keep the kids from feeling the economic crunch we're in. It's been tough but we've done pretty good so far. The wifey has been all over me me about getting a jacket but for obvious reasons we cant afford one. One way or the other I will have a proper jacket but this would give me and my fam alot of peace of mind. if the powers that be see fit to donate this jacket to the save my skin fund that would be great but if not i understand. good luck to all the others and THANX ALOT SHIFT for the very generous gift your giving to someone.

why i need this jacket...... i have moved from chicago to austin to help my family out i have sold most of my things except my tv and bike to get down here, the reason i am down here is that my pops got cancer and lost his leg (hes all good now and is up and at it) dads been a working man his whole life no college or any of that jazz. well my mom is left with the mortgage all the bills and everything. i left my son from my divorced wife in chicago to get down here and help my mom and dad out ( i still talk with my son everyday im not one of those dads). i got here in oct. and the shitty thing is i still havent been able to find work out here. (wed i have an interview though). the thing that keeps me from breaking down and going insane is the fact that the little bit of happiness i have left is my kids and for me personally working on my bike and taking it out on the streets for a nice ride to destress and realize that things arent that bad and they will get better..... problem is i ride with a hoodie and dont have a jacket. all thats missing is that one piece.... so if this interview goes well wed. i think a jacket would be a great present and i aint getting shit for x-mas either. SO............?

thanks SHIFT and the whole Custom Fighters Family

i will toss mines in too I need this jacket cause I dont have a jacket
this past april I was diagnosed with testicular cancar had the first surgery every thing went fine. well it spread to my lymph nodes in my adbomen well went back for the 2nd surgery and thats were things went wrong they overdosed me on the anesthesia but they got that under control well later after ths surgery my blood pressure went sky high and caused a brain aneurysm that paralyzed the left side of my body so I thought my riding days were done and by this time I had racked up a 50.000$ doctor bill so I start selling stuff including my old riding jacket and all my gear but kept my bike thinking one day I might can ride again and about a month later and BAM all my funcitions are back and life is normal. but the hardest part of all this was I have a 2 year old son and could not hold him cause of my left side and having 42 staples down my stomach. I have pics to prove this its not just a tear jerker but riding strong now but with all the doctor bills laying around and my son I just don't have the money to spare for a jacket and don't like riding with out one
I wouldn't say that I deserve this jacket, but I definitely need it, so I will throw my name and story into the hat. I was working off and on for about 2 months not able to work full time due to 2 herniated discs in my lower back. I went to my boss on recommendation from my doctor and told him I needed to work in a different position that wasn't as hard on my back as installing. He then basically told me to take a walk because I was a liability. I sold my car to help pay bills and now only have the bike as transportation. I have been looking for work to help support my wife and 1 year old son and do not have a protective winter jacket to wear. I have traded safety for staying warm. I am all about dressing for the crash not the ride, but I can't afford to do that right now. I have never asked anyone for help or handouts and hopefully that's not what this looks like.

Reactions: oldrider and cage

·
463 Posts
You should definitely make it to where you have to view this thread before you can browse through the site. Like you do for FOTM. Good luck guys. Everyone needs good gear. I threw my hat in the circle and after reading some of the posts after mine, I felt bad about it. Because I have it alot better off than some of the other posters. It was a tough decision to decide who to vote for. I hope who needs it the most ends up getting it.

·
510 Posts
I appreciate the opportunity provided by Shift and CF. Anyone listed here that wins this jacket more than deserves it, so even though I want and need this jacket, I won't feel bad if someone else gets it.

Thanks again to shift for offering up such a cool product. Good luck everyone.

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Was hard, but done, I wish all of could get one of them.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
I ended up having to pull numbers from a bowl. All these guys deserve one.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
voted. Ride safe guys

·
squid
1,038 Posts
fuckin hard

·
Captain Missing Sandwich
4,379 Posts
This is tough. I literally can't vote right now as I don't have enough time to put into deciding my vote until later. Lot's of ways to look at who here deserves this.
Word. It's not like you can base it on level of need... because everyone needs it. Can't really base it on financial depth of need, because everybody's in a pinch right now. Tough one.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Word. It's not like you can base it on level of need... because everyone needs it. Can't really base it on financial depth of need, because everybody's in a pinch right now. Tough one.

That's why I went random with a lottery. I could not for the life of me decide.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
wow those are some stories. It was a very tough choice. Maybe for those who dont get the jacket we can come up with an old gear donation. When i started riding I was lucky enough to have some good friends with extra gear they let me borrow until i could afford gear.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
wow those are some stories. It was a very tough choice. Maybe for those who dont get the jacket we can come up with an old gear donation. When i started riding I was lucky enough to have some good friends with extra gear they let me borrow until i could afford gear.
I got some jackets I could donate.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
that was a tough one.

All good stories, but stang and stick are the one's I know enough to have already known their stories.

Mustang has children, he get's my vote.

·
51 Posts
It was hard, but ultimately I had to vote for svman. Anyone interested in pitching in to get another jacket for 2nd place? I'm game.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts