Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shift Racing has been awesome enough to offer up a jacket for one of our fighterers. If you're in need of a riding jacket, this is the contest for you. All we want you to do is tell us why you deserve to win this jacket. Whoever comes up with the best REAL reason why they deserve to win, will be getting themselves a brandy new jacket in their size and color choice!

The jacket being given away is appropriately called the Streetfighter which is a textile and leather hybrid jacket. For more info on the jacket click here: Shift Streetfighter Hybrid Jacket

·
is lurking in the shadows
3,859 Posts
I'll toss my hat in the ring. My reason:

I'm in college in order to better my life, and hopefully that of my family because they got me to where I am today, and I work almost 40hrs a week. I pay all my own bills and all my spare money has been going towards fixing my bike, which is my only means of transportation.

Well, there it is.

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
First thing I would like to say thanks for the chance. I could use the jacket because I have just started riding again after a 10 year lay off. I had got hit by a large truck and it took a long time to get over the emotional and physical scars. I have finally found the courage to start riding again despite my limits and fears.

Thanks Charles

:shockerknucks:

I am going to add some details to post. This happened about 9:00 at night. When I got hit I was young and dumb. You know not wearing riding gear, just t shirt and jeans. I also had a passenger. When I go hit I was thrown 180 ft. From the point of impact to til the time I finally stopped seemed like forever. I saw my life flash before my eyes and I thought I was going to die. When came to rest alive all I could think about a that point was my female passenger. When I found her she was fine. When we got hit the impact throw me over the bars and keep her on the bike. The bike stayed upright the whole time because the bumper of the truck was sitting on the rear wheel. The investigation revealed that the driver was doing about 65 mph when he hit us. I ended up with a good case of road rash, weakened right clavicle, cracked knuckle on my right hand and my low back mess up which eventually was operated on. I now have 2 vertabrae's fused together with 2 titanium rods and 4 screws. I was also left with some fear of riding again. I am motivated to try riding again because it is something that I enjoy. Being older now I have come to realize the importance being properly equipped to ride. Even if I do not win the jacket I hope that whoever does uses it wisely and I hope others will learn from my mistakes. Sometimes there are no second chances. I consider my lucky to have gotten one.

Thank Charles

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
I don't need the jacket, but I will vouch for the jacket itself.

I have a Shift Streetfighter Jacket that's about 3 years old. I love it. Its super comfy, plenty of air movement in the summer, and the zip in liner is nice when its cool. I can still fit a thinner hoodie under it too. The padding/protection is pretty nice too.

I've taken a few spills in parking lots, and its like I never fell. A roommate of mine highsided at about 45mph on a corner, slid on the road, through a blackberry bush, and down a 12ft bank. Other than the super slight scuffs, and the blackberry stains, its in perfect condition still. He faired really well, other than a broken collar bone. Doctor said it could have been alot worse if it weren't for the jacket, and he has no rash whatsoever.

I would enter, but mine is still in great shape, and I've got my vest too.

Good luck guys, its gonna be a sick jacket.

·
510 Posts
I wouldn't say that I deserve this jacket, but I definitely need it, so I will throw my name and story into the hat. I was working off and on for about 2 months not able to work full time due to 2 herniated discs in my lower back. I went to my boss on recommendation from my doctor and told him I needed to work in a different position that wasn't as hard on my back as installing. He then basically told me to take a walk because I was a liability. I sold my car to help pay bills and now only have the bike as transportation. I have been looking for work to help support my wife and 1 year old son and do not have a protective winter jacket to wear. I have traded safety for staying warm. I am all about dressing for the crash not the ride, but I can't afford to do that right now. I have never asked anyone for help or handouts and hopefully that's not what this looks like.

·
Wannabe Stunter
36 Posts
First off, Thanks to Shift for holding this contest. More companies should do things like this because there are a lot of people out there that could use the gear and may not be able to afford it.

My husband deserves this jacket for a few reasons. He has been in two wrecks in the past year (one only weeks before I deployed, and the other was just a few weeks before i returned from the deployment), both of which he was wearing the same jacket. Needless to say his jacket is beat to hell and has needed to be replaced since the first wreck (as well as his helmet but thats another story. lol). The first wreck left him with a bad concussion (which he still has headache and back problems because of it) and the second wreck nearly totalled the motorcycle (we convinced the insurance company not to total it) but he managed to walk away with just a horrible bruise/cut on his butt and lower back. He hasn't been able to get a jacket because he lost his job while I was deployed and the job that he just started a few months ago pays less. Now he is going to school after work to get his CDL so that he can make a little more money. We started to fall behind on a few bills and have just recently caught up because I am working a second job. But instead of buying a new jacket and helmet for himself (which he needs and should have bought) he bought me a wrecked motorcycle so that when we do get some extra money i can rebuild it and then we can both ride. I wanted to be able to get him a helmet or jacket for Christmas but we just don't have the money for it yet, especially since we are moving on the 2nd of January.

·
E=MC Vagina
6,908 Posts
well, ok my turn i guess....

i've never had a proper riding jacket in my life. I've got three kids ages 12,4 and 6 months. I was fired from my job of over 3 years becauses the owners fortune teller said a white guy was stealing.( me and one other guy lost our jobs)This was 4 months ago. As alot of you know finding a job these days isn't all that easy. Anyway, my wife and I have done everything in our power to keep the kids from feeling the economic crunch we're in. It's been tough but we've done pretty good so far. The wifey has been all over me me about getting a jacket but for obvious reasons we cant afford one. One way or the other I will have a proper jacket but this would give me and my fam alot of peace of mind. if the powers that be see fit to donate this jacket to the save my skin fund that would be great but if not i understand. good luck to all the others and THANX ALOT SHIFT for the very generous gift your giving to someone.

·
172 Posts
why i need this jacket...... i have moved from chicago to austin to help my family out i have sold most of my things except my tv and bike to get down here, the reason i am down here is that my pops got cancer and lost his leg (hes all good now and is up and at it) dads been a working man his whole life no college or any of that jazz. well my mom is left with the mortgage all the bills and everything. i left my son from my divorced wife in chicago to get down here and help my mom and dad out ( i still talk with my son everyday im not one of those dads). i got here in oct. and the shitty thing is i still havent been able to find work out here. (wed i have an interview though). the thing that keeps me from breaking down and going insane is the fact that the little bit of happiness i have left is my kids and for me personally working on my bike and taking it out on the streets for a nice ride to destress and realize that things arent that bad and they will get better..... problem is i ride with a hoodie and dont have a jacket. all thats missing is that one piece.... so if this interview goes well wed. i think a jacket would be a great present and i aint getting shit for x-mas either. SO............?

thanks SHIFT and the whole Custom Fighters Family

·
vtwin rider
27 Posts
i will toss mines in too I need this jacket cause I dont have a jacket
this past april I was diagnosed with testicular cancar had the first surgery every thing went fine. well it spread to my lymph nodes in my adbomen well went back for the 2nd surgery and thats were things went wrong they overdosed me on the anesthesia but they got that under control well later after ths surgery my blood pressure went sky high and caused a brain aneurysm that paralyzed the left side of my body so I thought my riding days were done and by this time I had racked up a 50.000$ doctor bill so I start selling stuff including my old riding jacket and all my gear but kept my bike thinking one day I might can ride again and about a month later and BAM all my funcitions are back and life is normal. but the hardest part of all this was I have a 2 year old son and could not hold him cause of my left side and having 42 staples down my stomach. I have pics to prove this its not just a tear jerker but riding strong now but with all the doctor bills laying around and my son I just don't have the money to spare for a jacket and don't like riding with out one

·
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
6,159 Posts
Well I guess I'll toss my name in the hat too.

As you all know I'm new to the whole bike thing. I'm building my first project bike right now, and I'm learning as I go. If it weren't for CF there is no way in hell I would even be as far as I am, even though I'm not that far... haha. I know some of you guys might get annoyed with all of my questions (Stunt, fslflint) ;), but know that I really do appreciate it.

I'm still in highschool so I'm only really working four days a month. It ends up being like 250 bucks a month or something like that. I'm always looking around the classifieds for good deals, however most deals I've gotten have been from our own CF members contacting me privately. I have to search and wait for these deals or else there's no way I could afford to make any progress on my bike.

This has kind of turned into a 'why :cfrocks:' post... sorry, that wasn't supposed to be what this post is about, haha..

I'm not going to be as pretentious as to say that I deserve a new jacket for free, I'm not trying to be a sponge or anything, but it sure would be a huge leg up on buying gear and would really be appreciated. So far I haven't bought any gear at all, I don't even own a helmet yet.

Anyways, here goes nothing. Thanks to anyone who even reads this :D

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
I do not want to post because I know there are a lot of guys who could really use better gear. It keeps us safe and warm so we can return to our families every day. I do not want to take that from anyone.

I am a full time mechanical engineer in the motorsports field, I spend so much time on school I hardly have enough time to work. With the money saved from summer I am able to pay for gas and food. Luckily I have gloves and a helmet already. I can't afford to lose my noggin or my hands. A decent jacket is not in my budget and would keep my arms, elbows, back and skin safe from these crazy Charlotte cager hooligans.

Until I can afford a jacket I stay away from highways, busy streets and the 5 o clock rush. A good defense is to not have to defend at all!

I think this is a great idea and I applaud SHIFT for spreading the Christmas spirit and supporting our community.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Wow, thanks Shift! Major props to you for the awesome jacket giveaway! :thumbsup:

My reason:
I was racing dirt bikes from age 7-12 and then barrel rolled a 4wheeler off a cliff and lost all interest in riding. Several months back, I was doing a google search for some cool wallpapers for the computer and found a bike belonging to a member here. That bike along with the push from my family is what spurred my interest to get back into riding and it is why I went to get my license and why I am looking for a bike to start cutting up. I'll be going to look at a CB900F next week so hopefully I should be hitting the streets in spring. A jacket like this would be great for me because driving to school everyday in downtown Milwaukee isn't exactly easy or safe. Cars are everywhere and people are always speeding so the protection of the jacket will be much better then only my helmet and hoodie could provide. The mechanical engineering school I'm going to isn't exactly cheap at 27k a year and even with scholarships and two part time jobs I'm still strapped for cash. Living in Milwaukee also gives me a chance to attend a lot of bike events both here and in Chicago, and with this jacket, I can spread the word about SHIFT. Getting this jacket would also ease my moms worries about me riding motorcycles and snowmobiles since she is always on my case about wearing all kinds of safety gear and going too fast. After all, snow isn't exactly soft when you hit it at over 80mph. haha

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
well guys best of luck to you all...i am not entering this contest due to the fact that i have a Alpine Stars jacket of the leather assortment that is good down to about 45 degree... but everyone seems to have a valid reason for wanting that there sweet shift jacket... so whoever has to make that decision might lose many nights sleep...just hope we have other contests in the future and other company's offer up swag like Shift has been ever so nice to...im in dire need of a new helmet and a pair of boots... and if anyone wants to hear my story on why i need those and why i cant afford those pm me for my reasons...

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Kudos to Shift. My jacket got jacked, it's the middle of summer and I wanna go ride because in a month I start serving my country and can't ride. I may not deserve it but if someones gotta win, it might as well be me.

·
826 Posts
There was a lot of long stories in there, and I didn't read them all, so I don't know how mine compares, but....

I'm still riding with the jacket I had on when I tackleda 10 or 12 point(I can't remember which it was, but the fucker was big) on a back road at 2:30am years ago. I flew over the deer, caught my forearm on his antler, and tumbled for quite a while. The antler went straight through the jacket and into my arm, I could see right inside of it(my arm, not the jacket). I got my arm stitched back together, and just sewed the coat back together as well. I also had to sew a Crass patch on the shoulder to cover the other hole. Aside from it being a sad sight, my left arm gets all wet every time it rains now, haha. I spent about $300-350 on that one, and haven't been able to hand out the cash for a new one so I could retire this one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have a long story like everyone else. I think I need the jacket because mine is all rashed up from a crash. Now that I mention it, the pants are all tore up too:oops:

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
this is the jacket i wanted, but didnt end up getting. i really like SHIFT's style and from what i hear the quality is great.

having gear in good condition is imperative to riding safely, and i believe that one of the main things this community focuses on is not being stupid. sure, we ride hacked up bikes held together with safety wire and zip ties, and everyone has substituted gear here and there, but i have always felt this group is about being safe.

major ups to SHIFT for the donation, im sure we will find it a deserving home.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
I'll enter the running....

After years of riding dirtbikes, I am working on my first streetbike. Money has been the biggest hurdle for my project, and I should be getting it on the road this spring. I want to ride more than anything, and a helmet and jacket are a necessity. My better judgment tells me to NOT ride, even for a short while, without gear, but my desire to start riding ASAP is getting a hold of me.

SHIFT, whoever wins this, thank you for your generosity, it has left a great impression on me, but please, i own no riding jacket's, and when it comes time to purchase one, I will not be able to afford the Shift Streetfighter Hybrid jacket.

Again, whoever wins, big thanks to Shift Racing!!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts