Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Portland Oregon
185 Posts
I am a general contractor and the economy took a dump last year around October and I had to lay off everyone including my secretary. I had my crew back working in February and have had them working all year. While most companies were cutting wages and hours I took care of my people and promised them work at there normal wages. I have kept my promise to my employees and they are working to this day,but in the thick of it I have found my personal finances in ruins, maxing credit lines and selling off anything of value. The only true enjoyment I have left is riding my bike. Having another jacket means I can pass on my old jacket to my wife and she will be able to join me in my weekend adventures where nothing else matters but the moment.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
give it to me, my kid lost my last one :(
that was a joke btw.

My dog *did* try and chew it my jacket she fucking jumped up until it fell off hook but she gave up on chewing it i guess

Give the jacket to me and i will wear a jacket on my body and one on my legs, ride around and take pics like that :LolLolLolLol:

·
334 Posts
I have a shift Vendetta that I like, a LOT.

The have a nice clean style that is pretty badass without being gaudy.

·
826 Posts
Yeah I think this is an awesome way to give away the jacket. They could've just said 'toss your names in the hat and we'll pick one', but it's cool they're actually gonna give it to whoever they decide actually needs it.

·
23 Posts
I could use a jacket, I've been riding over a year now, I have a good helmet but I've been wearing my brazos(carhart knockoff) jacket, my wife is teacher certified in music but no school around is willing to hire, I,m in school right now ,and if hall looked at. My budget bike you can tell I been watching cost
I,m not really asking for this jacket but the money would be better elsewhere my wife & I are both in our early 20,s
Jon

·
172 Posts
another reason yesterday I was going really really super duper fast and my cigarettes fell out of my sweatshirt, and i thought for a second if i fall this hoodie isnt gonna protect me for shit. and i was cold too.

And thats why i deserve this jacket, cause i keep it GANGSTA.

·
172 Posts
and cause id look so awesome wearing it on my bike, and i could show everyone on Custom Fighters how awesome id look, and everyone will be hey look at that guy with that shift jacket on hes so awesome.

thats another reason.

·
is a hustler on 2 wheels.
1,178 Posts
ive been wanting that jacket for a while now but i dont see that i really "deserve" it. it sure would match my shift streetfighter gloves that i currently own... and love. :rock:

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
I'll enter the running....

After years of riding dirtbikes, I am working on my first streetbike. Money has been the biggest hurdle for my project, and I should be getting it on the road this spring. I want to ride more than anything, and a helmet and jacket are a necessity. My better judgment tells me to NOT ride, even for a short while, without gear, but my desire to start riding ASAP is getting a hold of me.

SHIFT, whoever wins this, thank you for your generosity, it has left a great impression on me, but please, i own no riding jacket's, and when it comes time to purchase one, I will not be able to afford the Shift Streetfighter Hybrid jacket.

Again, whoever wins, big thanks to Shift Racing!!!!

·
172 Posts
and yet another reason- its xmas morning and " i got a rock "
santa didnt bring me shit those f'in elves are racist
and thats why i deserve this jacket.

GOOD GRIEF

·
172 Posts
ok - how about im never gonna ride again or work on the bike because im too scared cause i dont have a jacket to protect me-

thats another reason

·
www.FirstPlaceOils.com
575 Posts
Wow Awesome deal giving a jacket away!

I don't need a new one , and even if I did , my story wouldn't crack the top 10
it is going to be tough to pick the winner.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
so does anyone really need this jacket??

make us believe you!

·
BLACK BELT
7,049 Posts
I'd like to thank SHIFT for giving us something cool to shoot for. I'm generally over-critical of everything I do, and consider myself quite a dumbass, despite my accomplishments - so talking myself up about why I deserve the jacket seems odd. Therefore, I'll keep it short.

I don't recall ever seeing a thread with the interest that my RZ350 build has generated. The thread has over 82,000 views here, and on one two-stroke website - the build has over 100,000 views.

Over time, I've started seeing the name "Smoker" being used as a reference point or measuring stick for attention to detail, excellence, and dedication to building a custom bike. I'm not looking for any praise, but when I see it - it makes me proud. I've also read that my build has inspired and raised the bar for many custom builders.

I'm building bikes in a way that makes me happy and proud of my work. To do this, I've sacrificed pretty much everything else in life except my job. I still can't afford to build the bikes of my dreams, but I'm doing the best I can.

I could also really use the jacket and would appreciate the rep. :knucks:

21 - 40 of 67 Posts