Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Do Work Chumps
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so the gf has relented, I'm allowed to buy a new bike come September, so I gets all giddy z800? But wait I like supermoto too, and watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stmu0PEUQX4&feature=youtube_gdata_player I have to have a hypermoto......or a duke........or a dorsaduro........or a.......hang on I need to commute 25 miles each way on quick roads, so maybe a shiver or a shiver GT? So I start on the research, minimal complaints on the forums, check prices and they seem to go for small (ish compared to new) prices second hand with only a few thousand miles. So I guess I need to know what the catch is? Yes the valve clearance at first service but what else - for daily use?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
239 Posts
My brother has one, and has done about 65000 ks on it from new, mostly trouble free. he has had a couple of minor thing shit themselves, but nothing major. It does most thing well, but isn't amazing at anything.
The thing that annoys me most is that it's hard to ride with your toes up on the pegs because the frame rails near your feet are really wide, so when your toes are on the pegs, the width of the frame pushes your ankles out. this means that it's uncomfortable when you start being a bit silly.
It's designed to be sitting bolt upright with the arches of your feet on the pegs. Handlebars are easy to change, but not much you can do about the feet position when the frame is in the way. When I've ridden it, it didn't really excite me. Kind of like his first bike, a suzuki gs 500, but fancier, and a bit faster.

·
Do Work Chumps
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, well I've booked a test ride on both a shiver and a dorsoduro I'll see how I get on. I was thinking that the dd's tank would be too small but its only 3 litres smaller than the shiver and I'll be able to rig a mount somewhere to hold a couple of 1 litre fuel bottles for emergency's

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts