Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Gorilla...Hired Gorilla
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shock Length Chart

Thanks to PP from Oldskoolsuzuki .This chart is a useful starting point for anyone wanting to replace the standard shock in their bike. You will obviously need to match up length and stroke of your bikes shock as closely s possible - be careful though, this chart does not cover top and bottom shock mount types, reservoir type and position, spring rates or internal valving

·
sikk cylinders
225 Posts
Great chart! Wish I had it a couple of months ago. I got my shock situation sorted out though. It just took a little time and a lot of searches on the net!

·
Registered
12 Posts
you guys are smarter than the bike shops so i come here to ask.I have a question i want to lower my 07 fz6 but the only kit i can find is only a inch. i'm 5'6" and wounder what shock will lower it.thanks for any help:runovasmiley:

Attachments

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Why do you want a different shock? I would try to find some lowering links that will work. If you cant find any, it can't be to hard to make.

·
51 Posts
a gsxr 1000 07 will fit a gsxr 750 94 , but you will have to make some spacers becouse it is bigger in the coil diameter and it will not go throw the wishbones. It will work just fine whit spacers ;)

·
Portland Oregon
185 Posts
Here you go, at 317mm it is only a few mm longer, bolted right in no mods and stiffens up the rear real nice :party-smiley: a perfect match for 91 gsxr 750 and on the cheap:rock:

Attachments

·
dirty rider
380 Posts
yeah i cant really read this either. i want a new shock for my vtr1000f but i dont want a new swingarm so what would work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What shocks are ok for gsxr 1100 1996. I know that 2005 gsxr 1000 should mount up nicely, what obout 2007? Any others that would fit?
Thanks
I've got an 05 gsxr 1000 on my 94 1100. Great fit but very soft at 8.1 kg/mm. I'm 200lbs and racetech calls for a 9.4kg/mm spring. So I just ordered an 07 750 that comes with a 9.4. Should be a good fit.

If you want something stiffer the 07/08 gsxr 1000 has a 10.1kg/mm same dimensions as the 06/07 gsxr 600/750 (correct me if i'm wrong)

·
Bikes, Bitches and Beer
973 Posts
wish i had this 2 months ago :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts