Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about shortening the subframe on my bandit. I've seen Gunslingers and I like the look. I do have a few questions though. What if any are the draw backs to the shorter subframe? And, if anybody has done this what are some of the snags that you ran into while doing the project that if you did it again would you avoid/plan better?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
If you shorten it too much, water and crud can spray from the back tire on you. Not that big of a problem. Relocating any lights and electronics, as well as drilling mount holes/making brackets for your tail might also be difficult but not anything major. Your subframe will also be weaker, which means no passenger or heavy cargo.

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
I replaced my subframe all toghter, to make it shorter.
The only "drawback" is, that I cant take a passanger. Which is not a problem for me 'cause my wife has her own bike. :) And I like it beter as a stuby seat.
I would definetly build one again, just take more time to plan it out.
The best part is you get excacly what you want.
The bandit frame / sub frame is steel, so bending / welding is easier than aluminium.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Hacksaw said:
I replaced my subframe all toghter, to make it shorter.
The only "drawback" is, that I cant take a passanger. Which is not a problem for me 'cause my wife has her own bike. :) And I like it beter as a stuby seat.
I would definetly build one again, just take more time to plan it out.
The best part is you get excacly what you want.
The bandit frame / sub frame is steel, so bending / welding is easier than aluminium.
The wife hates the bike so that's not an issue.
So there really isn't a need for any more room than what I take up

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Yeah...just make sure it's gusseted properly if you hack it up. You don't want anything to snap while you're on the road.

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
Wolfman said:
Hack
What kind of lighting did you use?
Could you post pics of finished product. I just need some idea how to finish it off
The tail light is from "Mototeck" they call it "NT 5 brake light assembly"
http://www.mototeck.com/index_en.html

I did ended up cutting 1 1/2 feet of wireing out of my harness, And relocate my CDI box, starter relay, fuse box, and flasher relay and Battery.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
id love to find you a pic but there was a bandit from a nother country in ssb and he bought it salvaged and hacked alittle off the back and heated it with a torch and made a superb solo perch. it was all black with a 6 over swinger

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
haelo said:
I like the bike hacksaw, an your tag bracket is fucken amazing.

Thanks, dude.

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
haelo said:
You should give us a bunch of pics of your bike Hacksaw, it seems I've never seen it before.
Had some pic in the "Gallery" for a while now. But I can post more pics:D Anything in particular you want to see?

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
kokomochandler said:
nice modded swinger saw lovin the bracing. any more pics ?

I'll see what I can dig up...

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
haelo said:
Pics from different angles so we can see all of the bike.

Seeems it's been a while since I took pics..
But here they are..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts