Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think? I found a company that sells cans in the UK in several different lengths. this one is a 9.5" shorty can. I heard one the other day on a 91 GSXR 750 and it sounded pretty sweet.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i think that looks like shit. too fat. looks like a chopped stocker. :puke:

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
I think this one is the best one ever.. he he but then I made it. Catman how you liking yours?

If any of you don't want to cut your own drop me a line.

I cna hae them made at the factory short as you want either roung oval triangular. What ever just need the pipe size and a few details and I can get it one offed to you for just about 200 USD delivered.

Wait time for shipping and manufacturing is 4-6 weeks depending how fast the mail canget it to you.

Sorry did not mean to steel the thread just offering a resonably priced titanium alternative

Here is catmans and mine.

I got a sound bike on my Non contest street fighter build thread.

Here is my build thread scroll down to see pics:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6341&page=2

Here is the soung bite on You tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IViHVEt264

·
Death or Glory
621 Posts
what do you guys think? I found a company that sells cans in the UK in several different lengths. this one is a 9.5" shorty can. I heard one the other day on a 91 GSXR 750 and it sounded pretty sweet.

I like that one if it were only in a matte finish. Powdercoated matte black...

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
do we have any shorty options that arn't so big in diameter? i want a shorty that keeps my swing arm clean. so the can needs to be under my foot. i would love duals straight under the bike, i saw it done here by someone that hacked cherrybombs... that was amazing.

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
ya i would say so. except i live in a condo on the 27th floor. kinda hard to work on my bike. but soon enough i'll figure something out.

ohh maybe i'll buy a bike first... hmmm... what a novel idea.

·
The Big Homie
1,283 Posts
I think that's awesome. I am thinking of cutting down the M4 now instead of selling it to get a Scorpion extreme. I have a carbon fiber one though, is that going to be much harder? I'm worried about messing up the carbon during the cut or rivet process. How much labor is it trying to relocate the bracket that mounts to the rear pegs?

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
ya i would say so. except i live in a condo on the 27th floor. kinda hard to work on my bike. but soon enough i'll figure something out.
All you need is a Hack Saw:rock:
I've cut down several cans,(Aluminum, stainless and Titanium) including mine. Never tried carbon, yet. You just have to take them apart first. Measure twice, cut once :)

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I have a cut down carbon on mine. I used my oh so favorite tool. THE SAWSALL!!!!

once you measure it where you want to cut, put some masking tape around the can at the cut line. This will keep the splintering to a minimum. Also cut slow. The stuff is super soft and will crack if you go to fast.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
tape
that's a good idea

the 3 or so I've cut didn't splinter but they were really high quality Yosh carbon cans

·
The Big Homie
1,283 Posts
I might need to have a go at this sooner than later. Maybe I can buy one of those cool new end caps M4 has too to replace the "old school" one on there now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts