Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my fight to fight ive come to the conclusion that i want usds for my Bandit
so ive been throwin around the idea of buying another rear wheel assembly
engine and carb assembly and wire harness and doing some mild engine work to the lump and putting
the old lump,carb assy. and front end and rear wheel assembly into a bobber frame
the thing is...
is it feasable to do it with existing parts and get a frame and wire up only the necessary things
and still be relatively inexpensive compared to a $20,000 build
i was thinkin something like this only with drag bars and a shorty exhaust

please dont flame too hard, i just want another cruiser and i wanna put it together myself...:doh: notice i didnt say build cuz well its prolly going to be more like a frame swap insurance job like we did at the shop

·
Please facerape yourself.
404 Posts
Notice that FTW stands for Fuck The World, not for the win, you internet yahoos.

If it were me I'd put some drag bars on that bitch and make it look 10x better.

Edited because I just noticed you said something about drag bars. Good man, way to not be a ***. Yes, a ***.

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
I think that is cool shit! Drag bars, stubby can, and no back rest on the seat would really make that something I could love.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
yeh the mini sissy bar seat thing is fucking horrible, make a hardtail with a sprung seat and everytime you ride past a bunch of guys on $30000 harleys, flip them off.

remember to keep some ground clearance..i say do it. do it or you're no longer cool.

(were you ever cool? i digress..)

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh the mini sissy bar seat thing is fucking horrible, make a hardtail with a sprung seat and everytime you ride past a bunch of guys on $30000 harleys, flip them off.

remember to keep some ground clearance..i say do it. do it or you're no longer cool.

(were you ever cool? i digress..)
im not here to be in the cool kids club i just wanna learn the art of creating motorcycles...i was thinkin hardtail with a seat with springs... i dont flip off harley riders...tho they are **** i dont want to encourage them any further with a gesture like that

i was thinkin New yourican Slammed to the ground on Bagged 17's (gotta keep em clain")
rake out with lots of space to show the lump off...
do four to four stubbys two in either side two slightly be up
with a huge pro street scalloped tank
old skool metal flake Fire engine red with white an cream pin striping

·
HempinZomniax
272 Posts
Not gonna lie that's fucking bad ass bro, i like the look of choppers but only certain kinds, i like the look of Indian cruisers and yours kinda reminds me of an Indian i saw not too long ago..

i just cant believe the things you could do to a sport bike, i soo would love to make a chopper or cruiser

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
um how bout no i just formulated the idea days a ago and i only have have of me lottery winnings left...but im visiting the shop to see if im getting my job back like they said i was so im gonna take measure of engine mounts and pics of how the lump mounts up...im glad i made a machinist/welder connection threw a billiards teamate...so we will see how this works out... might be awhile lads but it will happen...i gotta DW on my Bandit and put the R in it... so i really dont know when anythings gonna formulate on both projects maybe the Metric Helicopter will make an Appearance at FF11-12 im feelin optimistic and very lucky right now so either ill hit jack pot and get both done soon or ill die in a fiery Automobile crash... either or im ready to take it on

any body got any further ideas as far as rake and wheel base?
its gonna rock dual 17's so im sorta sketch about the height and i dont want it to look like this

O^O .....

im open to constructive suggestions...
i dont really care about the aspect of " well see your line between your tank and your back right turn signal dont quite match"...
um dood i didnt put any TS on my bike... what in the world are you talking about

right now im def rockin Drag bars pulled back two to three inches..." thats what she said"
Sprinngy seet
no TS
big open (for ez valve adj) and for S and G (prolly dual bar lump holder) i dont know ive never thought about anything like this in this much detail its always been a what if never thought of it as actuality

pissing in the wind about the following:
i wanna see if a 7 gallon Midget Coffin can be fabbed up so i can go more than 90 miles before fill ups...
SS Brake lines/clutch line
Wavy rotormajigs
4 to 4 2 0n left 2 on right one longer than the other and the shorter ones facing out slightly
i want it metal flake red tank and frame and possibly rims maybe go with a BLack on the rims

·
Winter's comin... :(
4,869 Posts
I wonder how well it would work out with dual exhausts through the rear trunion (non-swinging arm), up over the rear tire, dumping just about the middle of the tire. The two pipes would make sort of a fender for the rear tire, too...

A chopped fender-pipes.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I say go for it. It's all about building what makes you happy not the masses.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
I really want to scrap the idea of building my bike into a fighter and build a ninja 650r chopper. Build a custom hardtail frame, use the front forks, use the wheels and engine. Would be sweet.

Here are some nice looking bikes for ideas.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Oh and MPLS was talking about building custom frames he can probably help you out.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Notice that FTW stands for Fuck The World, not for the win, you internet yahoos.

If it were me I'd put some drag bars on that bitch and make it look 10x better.

Edited because I just noticed you said something about drag bars. Good man, way to not be a ***. Yes, a ***.

Hey internet yahoo, take note, FTW is an acronym meaning, For The Win.

A bunch of unhappy negative people decided that was way to pleasant, and decided it should mean Fuck The World, but that is NOT what if usually means.

On a bike, it also often means, "Forever Two Wheels", which is what i suspect it is supposed to mean on that chopper tank.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ftw

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
On the main topic, if you wanna build a chopper, build one. It's not really my thing, but i really like some well done choppers.

People here have pretty eclectic tastes, so you'll still get interest in the build.

+ 1 on talking to MPLS, he may be willing to do a frame for you.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hit man cody texted me and he my gears a turning again...:gears::helmet::cops::excellent:

i think i would dissatisfy my oil cooled deity SVEN by doing it but hey

i think im in a position now to get the idea set in stone and done up...

anybody ever heard of an insurance company paying out for a bike and the the owner buying it back?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts