Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lean Mean Bastard
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

either this has not been addressed yet or I missed it in the search, but I am looking at what is the best:

1) Buying a ZXR750 kit (ex. from Spiegler): handlebar+risers+top yoke+brake lines
OR
2) Buying renthal bars + risers + brake lines and drilling top yoke

The kit delivered to my country is around EUR400 and the advantage is that I know it will fit correctly.

Since im a super-noob i would like to ask you for feedback maybe I should consider things I have missed when purchasing the stuff individually rather than as a kit.

Again, I apologise if this has been addressed already for the ZXR750 (1994 model).

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
either way is fine. the kit will be more expensive than just drilling your top triple. but the kit will look better in my opinion. though i just have my top trip drilled haha

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
i chose the self-drilled route. there is a good step by step on here somewhere and you can do if for 1/3 the cost.
if you get risers that are the same color as your top triple it will even look almost the same.
its probably just as easy either way i think.

·
Lean Mean Bastard
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind drilling the triple myself - I am more concerned whether the handlebar will hit the tank on a complete steer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
when i was thinking about the risers i wanted i used a block of wood and cable tied the bars to it then cable tied the wood to the tripple. just an idea of the rise youre gonna need.

·
Lean Mean Bastard
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i was thinking about the risers i wanted i used a block of wood and cable tied the bars to it then cable tied the wood to the tripple. just an idea of the rise youre gonna need.
hehe not a bad idea - then i have to order the bars now and risers later

·
Registered
179 Posts
but if you put say a 2" block on there just on its own then look for the bars you like and look at theyre measurements you should be able to tell if its gonna work, its just a thought

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Hi folks,

either this has not been addressed yet or I missed it in the search, but I am looking at what is the best:

1) Buying a ZXR750 kit (ex. from Spiegler): handlebar+risers+top yoke+brake lines
OR
2) Buying renthal bars + risers + brake lines and drilling top yoke

The kit delivered to my country is around EUR400 and the advantage is that I know it will fit correctly.

Since im a super-noob i would like to ask you for feedback maybe I should consider things I have missed when purchasing the stuff individually rather than as a kit.

Again, I apologise if this has been addressed already for the ZXR750 (1994 model).
Where are you, if your this side of the pond try this site.
http://www.busters-accessories.co.u...ons&tier3url=MFW&tier4url=Top-Yoke-Conversion

they sell everything you need as separate items,,

I drilled my top yoke and strengthened it underneath as the top yoke on a sports bike is not designed to take the loads of risers and bars.
God luck, I doubt whether bars will hit the tank.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
I think the yoke and risers are sold as unit, if you want them high they sell adapters.
I see you are from Malta, great place I've had a few holidays over the years.

·
Lean Mean Bastard
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep it's a great place especially in summer :)

So look-wise, if i go for something like renthal high bars, do you think it will look awkward? I am for comfy/tourer position to be fair, but i dont want it to look silly either, if you know what i mean...any streetfighters pics with high bars?

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
yep it's a great place especially in summer :)

So look-wise, if i go for something like renthal high bars, do you think it will look awkward? I am for comfy/tourer position to be fair, but i dont want it to look silly either, if you know what i mean...any streetfighters pics with high bars?
Found this on CF albums, does it look stupid???? NO

·
RUST REMOVER
1,092 Posts
They make clip-ons that adjust way up too, just a thought. I know I'm going against the grain here but I don't like dirt bars at all. I think they look better than dirties but again I'm a clip-on guy, a bir cheaper than a kit too, around $250.
They're called convertibars:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts