Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a tail that is JUST subframe (or with VERY minimal body work)? Maybe a trellis subframe? Wrapped the subframe in carbon fiber? Or maybe you just painted what was there and left the body work off? Lets see em!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is awesome!!! More pics from different agles please!!
Can do.
IMG_20200712_124720502 (1).jpg

IMG_20201115_165017103.jpg

Pics are a few months old now. The garage is still a mess, but I've gone a different direction with the brake lights and signals; the tank, mid panels, windscreen, and brake ducts have all gotten clearcoat, just gotta clean 'em up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can do.
View attachment 149007

View attachment 149009

View attachment 149010

Pics are a few months old now. The garage is still a mess, but I've gone a different direction with the brake lights and signals; the tank, mid panels, windscreen, and brake ducts have all gotten clearcoat, just gotta clean 'em up.
Dude I love this!!! Very much what I am going for... satin black all boobs and no butt LOL. Mine is just a bit more Honda CB. Its in pieces right now but I will share as it comes together. I assume you are a welder and made the subframe?? I am not, so have to find something that fits :(.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dude I love this!!! Very much what I am going for... satin black all boobs and no butt LOL. Mine is just a bit more Honda CB. Its in pieces right now but I will share as it comes together. I assume you are a welder and made the subframe?? I am not, so have to find something that fits :(.
I am not a welder, but I did weld this up. Wasn't worried about weight so much as size, so I went with 1/2" cold rolled rod, stacked and seam-welded with plenty of bracing. (When stressing it while installed I get more deflection out of the cast mounts on the frame than I do out of the subframe, so i'ts plenty strong) Just keep in mind where you're gonna put the battery if you plan anything lithe for the back end.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts