Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
What Mufflers?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola guys and girls. My name's Matt 'The CRANK' Crane and I live in Sierra Vista, AZ. I've got a pair of Buells that I flipping love! One is the Blast that I first learned to ride on. Man, right when I bought that bike, I knew one thing; THIS HAS GOT TO CHANGE! The bike looked so goofy with sporty looking plastics and tail and these high-rise cruiser-style handlebars. So, the first thing I did was widen a set of cafe bars for it and BOOM, the addiction began...

So, once I had done what I wanted to that one, I decided to step it up and get a big boy. I have always been fascinated with the Buells, I loved the look of a naked bike, and I already owned a Buell, so I decided to keep it in the family.

Man, you have no idea how hard it is to find a good used Buell in this part of the country! The dealer I eventually found my Lightning at said he had only seen three roll through his shop in the entire time it had been open. So, I got mine for what I still think is a good deal, and it has begun. I tore the whole thing apart, save the motor, then customized the pieces I felt HAD to change immediately, and put it back together. The tail has been shaved, the plastics painted all rattle-can style in the same gunmetal grey as my Blast. It's definitely a work in progress. I'm trying to decide how I want the headlights. The stock ones are too big, and I don't think I want one of the masks. I guess I'd really have to love the look of the mask to use it. Again, not sure, but it IS a work in progress. I just love riding it.

I'll post pics of the Blast soon.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Super Moderator
3,003 Posts
Welcome in!

Later, Doug

·
What Mufflers?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Glad to be a new part of what looks like a great group of people!:shocker:

·
What Mufflers?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm working on it. I don't have any pics of the Blast on my computer here at work. I found this one on my phone from when I was putting it back together about a year ago. More to come...

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
WOTCHER MATE WELCOM IN ! bIKE LOOKS SHARP BRO'

·
What Mufflers?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dankeshun! I'm glad to be welcomed by such experienced fools as yerselves! Hah! Love yer guy's bikes!

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
welcome to mexico...oh wait thats where you are. my old room mate lived in Sierra Vista.

·
What Mufflers?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, when people ask me, ' So, where do you live?' I usually tell them North Mexico!:LolLolLolLol:

·
What Mufflers?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The weather here is flipping amazing, though. Something to do with being in the 'high desert'. It's the middle of summer and it was 78 out last afternoon, 72 degrees when I rode in to work this morning. Love the weather here.

Reactions: NinjaJohn

·
What Mufflers?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought you guys might like to see some pics of some of the custom shit I've done over the years... One's a Victory Something-or-other, and the one with the skulls is a Yamaha.

Reactions: ROBBO
1 - 20 of 26 Posts